“Delicious Thai food”

Thai on the Island
Ranked #24 of 81 Restaurants in Cowes
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/346/1618927/restaurant/Victoria/Phillip-Island/Thai-on-the-Island-Cowes#all_reviews
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Service was a little slow, but the food was delicious. Spring rolls, massoman beef curry, and chicken pad see euw...all fantastic. Good selection of southeast Asian beer as well (the Lao is good).

Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Throughly enjoyed this meal, however it is slightly over priced. Small cozy restaurant, if you have a party of more than 4 people you may struggle to fit on one table. Food was fresh and delicious.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

After Susan from the Genesta told us, this is her first pick when thinking about dinner, we gave it a try. The food was very tasty, fresh veggies, and a wide variation of souces. I had a soup for starter, very spice but still eatable for Europeans. After that my wife picked a seafood dish and myself a curry, both very delicious. The portions were big so be sure to share the rice.
Glad we choose the place
Dirk & Marion

Reviewed December 15, 2013

I was charged $27 for 3 bowls of steamed rice! I don't care how good the rice or food was. There is absolutely no justification for that kind of money for steamed rice. Service was not great either. The place is understaffed and service is lackluster. I will not be back, nor will I recommend this place to my friends.

1  Thank John K
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Had this for dinner today before visiting Penguin Parade. I must say that it is very decent authentic Thai food despite the location. I must say that the Tom Yum soups and Green Curry are largely authentic and serves well to warm up before facing the cold winds. My greatest gripe however was having to pay more than $10 for a pretty small bowl of soup. I have to admit that the bowl of soup is packed with ingredients (really fresh prawns, chicken, mushrooms etc), but really little space left for the soup. I hope the chef can consider taking this point seriously.

Still, considering that the proprietor of the restaurant is also helping out a primary school in Thailand through tips raised, I would consider paying $175 (before tips) for an 8-person meal decent.

1  Thank MarkoRamius23