“Best Mexican by far”

Dining options: Reservations
Melbourne
“Best Mexican by far”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Have been to this place a couple of times now and Wow, the food is great,service fast, polite and always friendly. They now have smaller servings which for me is great as I never eat all the meal as they are too big, price adjusted as well, so even bette value. This Mexican is the best we have tasted and worth the trip down to the Island. If going during Summer or school holidays, long weekend, make sure you book, otherwise no problem. Recommend if you love Mexican.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank MiddleAgedBabe

“If you want to feel unwanted”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Possibly some of the worst service I have ever experienced, I can't remember when I have ever felt like walking out of a restaurant before even getting drinks, we got there with 45 minutes till closing time, another group came in after us, within 10 minutes the blinds had been dropped and the closed sign was hung and we were made to feel that we were imposing by wanting to purchase food and drinks, the food was average, we ordered the fries to be told they were out, no offer to try something else just they were out, I was astounded, we were pushed to order and lucky we didn't want desert, I could imagine the attitude. I asked for a tax receipt at the end, I felt like I had asked for a kidney, do yourself a favour and avoid this place, we wished we had gone for subway

• Visited August 2013
“Nice experience”
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Had a group of friend's want to go out for dinner so came to this little place. We all ordered different things and all enjoyed our choice. Felt a little cramped at times but other than that we all enjoyed out catch up.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank mellstravel
Willingboro, New Jersey
“Nice (but not authentic) food, good service”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We went just before going to the Penguin Parade for a quick bite to eat. Originally being from south Texas, I always think it's fun to try Tex Mex restaurants to see how they compare. Ironically, the Tex Mex dishes were ordered were ok (under spiced, but decently accurate), while the shrimp special I ordered (certainly with an Australian flair in the recipe) was pretty tasty. The server was very nice, and made sure we could eat in a timely manner to get to the parade. So while this certainly wasn't amazing Tex Mex food, it was worth the stop for a nice, quick meal.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank 34AnneK34
Melbourne, Australia
“not very good”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

hello
we went there this week.
it was very all over the place the food
came out at all different times
and they forgot some things. the starter came out after the mains
when we were already full.
my chicken burrito was nice but the rice was terrible.
the food was also really expensive.

• Visited April 2013