“If you want to feel unwanted”

Panhandle Tex Mex Eatery & Bar
Ranked #52 of 84 Restaurants in Cowes
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Under new management, the Panhandle Restaurant serves an array of Mexican and Texan food, with a fully stocked bar; including frozen Margaritas and a selection of local and imported beers and wines. Warm, relaxed atmosphere with front and rear alfresco dining areas.
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Possibly some of the worst service I have ever experienced, I can't remember when I have ever felt like walking out of a restaurant before even getting drinks, we got there with 45 minutes till closing time, another group came in after us, within 10 minutes the blinds had been dropped and the closed sign was hung and we were made to feel that we were imposing by wanting to purchase food and drinks, the food was average, we ordered the fries to be told they were out, no offer to try something else just they were out, I was astounded, we were pushed to order and lucky we didn't want desert, I could imagine the attitude. I asked for a tax receipt at the end, I felt like I had asked for a kidney, do yourself a favour and avoid this place, we wished we had gone for subway

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Had a group of friend's want to go out for dinner so came to this little place. We all ordered different things and all enjoyed our choice. Felt a little cramped at times but other than that we all enjoyed out catch up.

1  Thank mellstravel
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We went just before going to the Penguin Parade for a quick bite to eat. Originally being from south Texas, I always think it's fun to try Tex Mex restaurants to see how they compare. Ironically, the Tex Mex dishes were ordered were ok (under spiced, but decently accurate), while the shrimp special I ordered (certainly with an Australian flair in the recipe) was pretty tasty. The server was very nice, and made sure we could eat in a timely manner to get to the parade. So while this certainly wasn't amazing Tex Mex food, it was worth the stop for a nice, quick meal.

1  Thank 34AnneK34
Reviewed April 4, 2013

hello
we went there this week.
it was very all over the place the food
came out at all different times
and they forgot some things. the starter came out after the mains
when we were already full.
my chicken burrito was nice but the rice was terrible.
the food was also really expensive.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I arrived at the restaurant with my family and knowing the wait for food would be long (we have come to Phillip Island before during busy events and EVERY restaurant always has a wait for food) we were happy to wait as long as it took because the food was unbelievably good. So much flavour and in large servings. Also the atmosphere of the place is amazing, i love all the things hanging off the ceiling and on the walls (it was what i looked at while waiting!) and the service was great too, I always appreciate service with a smile and that was what we got.
I tell everyone to eat here if they visit the Island, Very highly recommended!!

2  Thank Michele870