“A Pass”

Panhandle Tex Mex Eatery & Bar
Ranked #52 of 85 Restaurants in Cowes
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Under new management, the Panhandle Restaurant serves an array of Mexican and Texan food, with a fully stocked bar; including frozen Margaritas and a selection of local and imported beers and wines. Warm, relaxed atmosphere with front and rear alfresco dining areas.
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Having eaten here over the years I'm truly amazed at how little it's changed.
Dispite having burnt down and had a change of ownership...It's like "Ground Hogs Day"...nothing changes, The food is "Exactly" the same every time!
It's nothing to rave about, but it's not bad either.
The Mexican is a nice change from all the fish & chip options in Cowes.
I always know what I'm going to get here...and if you bring a hearty appetite you'll most probably leave satisfied as the serves are quite generous.

Reviewed January 18, 2012

Good hearty tex mex food. Relaxed atmosphere, can be a little noisy at times. All of the usual favorites on the menu.

Reviewed January 9, 2012

Ate here last night, food was ok but would not really want to make me go back there. Just an average meal that could have been better.

Reviewed November 4, 2011

decided to try this resturant based on these reviews but no exactly accurate atmosphere was very loud and food was very average

Reviewed October 22, 2011

We were in Phillip Island and decided to have dinner at this place based on the review in other websites. We were there around 5.15 pm, hungry and a bit tired. Not even 5 minutes after we're seated, another guests came, and soon the place was quite full in 30 minutes. We were the first to order our food and followed by the second guests.

The second guests got their food first and few minutes after that we got our food. The food was delicious. I order chicken burritos, my partner order pork ribs, and our friend ordered la mumba burrito (I don't know if I spelt it correctly). My chicken burrito was nicely flavored.

Service was a bit slow and we were often ignored for some reason. Nevertheless, we came here for the food. Total bill came out to be Au$90++ with 3 main dishes + 3 drinks. It was pretty expensive, but it was the most delicious food we've ever tasted in the whole day.

If you want to come 6 pm and later, you've better made a reservation.