“OMG The food and staff were crap”
Review of Lone Pine Bistro

Lone Pine Bistro
Ranked #24 of 85 Restaurants in Cowes
Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our goal is to provide you the best possible service, quality food and beverage products within a warm welcoming atmosphere. Located at the gateway to Cowes venue features modern comfortable surrounds with a great range of food and entertainment options.Our 220 seat dining area features an alfresco balcony; highly visible children's play room and a fantastic value for money menu at affordable prices. Gluten free options as well as kids and seniors menus are available. Our wine list features the best of our local wineries along with a great range of Australian favourites and quality house wines.
Reviewed March 10, 2013

It was the the long weekend(labour day weekend).Being a local I thought It would be nice to take my family to the RSL for lunch ,trying to book in else were ,like Harrys on the esplanade or the foreshore would be impossible with so many people down and also the RSL has a play ground for my little girl so I thought I would give it another go.ON getting there the lady was quite nice and we were sited.We ordered our meals,I got the surf and turf ( steak with seafood for theses who don't know ) and my daughter got the calamari chips and salad,my son got a burger with chips and salad and my little boy got a chicken parma. My little boys meal came out first and strait away the salad looked crap,there was two slices of tomatoes and sliced carrots that looked limp and like they had been under lights for days,On tasting his chicken ,It tasted like cardboard and I was beginning to regret ordering the most expensive thing on the menu( the steak).Any way the rest of the meals came out and along with my steak that I ordered medium rare and the first thing I noticed was there was no colour to the steak,no char grill,just looked like it had been cooked in the frying pan,the seafood on the top look pale and not fresh.I cut into my first bit and it was blue in the middle ,I then went up to the front desk and told the lady, it has not been cooked right and was to rare,she then asked me if I wonted it cooked longer and I informed her that my family had just started eating and by the time the steak was to come out everyone one would be finished and I just wonted my money back.(the truth was I was not going to pay for a steak that looked like some one had just fried it in a pan on both side for five minutes with no cooking skill whats so ever).Anyway long story short she did refuse to give me back my money and I got a Drink voucher at the bar.People please heed my warning ,I spent well over a hundred just to be giving dried up ,under cooked ,un fresh food,save your money and go to pinos.Thanks B Ps staek was $35

Maxine S, Public Relations Manager at Lone Pine Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

We apologise in the delay in our response. We have been investigating your concerns with various staff to ensure that this won't occur again. We are disappointed that your experience was not up to your expectations and do hope that you will return again in the near future.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

The dining bistro is very tastefully decorated. The service is excellent but the meals very average. The prices are very reasonable. We have dined here before and this was pretty average but the time before the meals were very good.Probably depends on the chef.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is a community eatery, almost a cafeteria, not a fine dining venue. But, all things considered, a good value. I had a large Indian dish, my wife a ceasar salad and my daughter pork belly. There was more than we could eat. The RSL encourages reservations, but we walked in and, although no smaller tables were available, were immediately seated at a large table by ourselves.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I had a terrible meal my parmi was grilled not fried and baked coulnt belive it I have been a chef for five years and haven't seen any thing like it. I think the chefs should be sacked.. my 5 yr old could do a betta job... My family was very dissatisfiedy one yr old was licking the tomato sauce off the nuggets witch Says alot

Reviewed February 2, 2013

We ate at the Phillip island rsl today. The food was the worst food we have ever eaten I have had better side salad and chicken burger from maccers. My 1 year old son waited 45mins for his lunch every adult was served befor him we were offered refund for his meal then every staff member avoided us until we left with out our refund. His chicken nuggets were like grey tasteless rocks. I would be ashamed to serve this food.