“Breakfast”

Ranked #48 of 87 Restaurants in Cowes
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Had breakfast here Easter Saturday.
I'd say that overall the experience was good. Not excellent and not terrible.
Food was well priced and nice but not amazing.
Worth a visit, but not if you're looking for a virtual upmarket breakfast experience.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Good coffee...ordinary hot dog, egg n bacon roll with little bacon and yolk of egg unseen...when I asked where the yoke is apparently the egg is flattened as people don’t like the yolk to open! Coffee good. They forgot to bring our soft drink...
Underwhelming not sure why I ventured away from my fav down the street!

1  Thank Mcknickers
Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

Food was okay. Breakfast sitting for a Sunday at about 10:30am.

Service from the staff was like cheese & chalk. Some of the staff appeared to be making a real effort, the remaining staff, looked as though they were an after effect of a drug induced post apocalyptic zombie mardi gras.

Seriously. Pick your feet up when yo walk, plaster a smile on that drab face and stop damn well sighing and breathung like you're up in the Himalayas fighting for each morsel of oxygen.

Front of House and ordering at the console was completed by an enthusiastic young chap.

Seemed he was one of the few here who had a pulse. It looked and sounded like there was life forms un the kitchen from what tge public could see and hear from the console.

Service left a lot to be desired. No apparent ownership of the diners experience. 3 diners and 2 different wait staff. (Wasnt together though, 2 first, then a while waiting for the third meal to arrive)

The place wasn't busy. It was a disorganised shambles.

Incomplete order, so after my coffee was finished and my food half gone, I asked for my ordered orange juice. The staff member acknowledged the request with "Yes. I was getting that" (As if I already knew that was the case. Seriously? After over 10 Minutes since the other two had brought our coffees and meals out and we hadn't existed to the staff?) But, thankyou for your acknowledgement of my remaining existence. 30 seconds later ... he takes my orange juice bottle to a table at the other end of the restaurant and gets there and puts it on a random customers table, only to then about turn back to our table? Okay? Amusing if nothing else.

Staff on the floor walked aimlessly around approachung diners but the looking sheepishly away then darting off in the same direction they were looking.

Overall the experience was poor. The basic food was basically acceptable, the coffee was okay, but if you're not looking for a smile and an uplifting welcome feeling, don't come here.

The menus were on large A3 sheets, but they felt sticky and grubby. A bit worn out. The freshly cleaned tables felt much the same. The tables have probably seen many a boozy night and need to be re skinned.

The identity crisis this place has as described by others reigns in true. Its got potential, but it needs a swift kick up the backside and shuffled into line. (Much like a number of the staff on the frontline customer facing staff).

It's promising that there were some pisitive reviews for this place. Inconsistency clearly another issue that needs a good look at by the owner.

I wouldn't come back again, unless over the last 6 months the good:bad ratio here made a swift change in favour of good.

Reviewed March 15, 2018 via mobile

We walked by this randomly and decided to stop for the wine. Amazing stop! Got a great pour of wine and ordered the super hot dog. As good as (better than) Chicago. Great patio. Great service. I highly recommend stopping here for a drink and a dog if you’re in the area.

Reviewed March 10, 2018 via mobile

We have had breakfast here many times and it is getting worse. With the many new eateries opening up they will not survive. Food was very average nothing.