I had family from America visit and we stayed here two nights, it was a fantastic place to stay. It had everything we could have wanted or needed. We even used the fireplace on the first evening as it was a bit chilly that night. The atmosphere was beautiful, quiet and serene, the beach was, as advertised, within walking distance. The beds were very comfortable and afforded a good nights sleep. The manager was very friendly and even gave us advice on where we could "definately" see at least 20-30 koala's in the middle of the afternoon, and he was right! We will be returning in the future, and would recommend to others for a private, comfortable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The eight individual, fully self-contained cottages are set on four hectares of landscaped grounds adjacent beautiful Marengo Beach, two kilometres West of Apollo Bay on the magnificent Great Ocean Road and 2.5 hours travelling time from Melbourne. The beach is wide and sandy and the water clear. There are fascinating rock pools to explore and the offshore reef is home to a seal colony. Each cottage features Austar TV channels including movie channels and WiFi*. The fully self contained two and three bedroom cottages, separated by native shrubs and gardens all have a superb view of the coast and Otway Ranges. The bedrooms have king size beds with electric blankets, doonas and pillows. Quality linen and towels are supplied. Cots, highchairs and baby sitting can be arranged. The cottages include:- Three bedroom cottages have with one king, one queen and two singles- Two bedroom cottages with one king, two singles- Quality linen and towels supplied- Coastal and Otway Ranges views- Open fireplaces- Two person spa bath- Air conditioning/heating- Austar TV channels *including movie and kid's channels- Flat screen TV, DVD player and free DVD library- CD/radio- Telephone (local calls)- All your dining needs are catered for with full size refrigerators-, Electric stoves and microwave oven as well as crockery, cutlery, glassware and cooking utensils- Portable electric BBQs and picnic tables at cottage- Complimentary initial supplies of tea, coffee, milk and sugar- Under-cover car parking and space for a boat or trailer- Each cottage has its own laundry facilities. The large lawn area is great to explore or play with the kids. Golf, bowls, tennis, hang-gliding and horse riding, are available. An ornamental lake is home to waterfowl and water lilies. Near the lake discover abundant native flora and fauna and steps to a secret garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Apollo Bay Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apollo Bay Colonial Hotel
- Apollo Bay Cottages Great Ocean Road