This place was fantastic! The lounge and kitchen are so lovely to relax and chill in. One night of our stay the woodburning stove was on and with gentle music on in the background and a glass of wine in my hand it was really cozy and we sat there reading for quite some time and relaxing from our busy day.
There was lots of space for food and cooking etc. The room were really nice and clean and everywhere was tidy and clean. There are lots of little extra home comforts around the place which make it feel homely. Not that I saw much of them but the staff are great and really helpful and friendly. A fab place to stay in Apollo Bay. Apollo Bay is also a great place to stay and explore as well as venture out to surrounding areas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apollo Bay Eco YHA is a stylish and comfortable ECO Certified Nature Tourism accredited hostel located in Apollo Bay along the famous Great Ocean Road. Situated between the rainforests of the Otway Ranges and the Apollo Bay surf beach Apollo Bay Eco YHA is the perfect base for exploring this amazing region. Hostel facilities include free on-site parking, free Wifi Hot Spot, a wood heater, two spacious communal lounges, two communal kitchens, shared bathrooms, a TV and reading room, DVD hire, several outdoor balconies and a rooftop deck complete with a BBQ offering spectacular views. Passive solar design, clever zoning and water consumption techniques are used to reduce the level of energy consumption and give you a great getaway with the knowledge your bed doesn't cost the earth! Various room types are available including 4 multi-share, twin/double and family rooms. Each room is heated and comes with lockers and an individual bed light. Please note that all bathroom facilities are shared for all room types. Apollo Bay Eco YHA is close to all the action with only a 2-minute walk from restaurants, cafes and beach in Apollo Bay town centre and a 90-minute drive to the Twelve Apostles. The region is nature lover's haven with deserted beaches, Cape Otway Lighthouse (Australia's oldest lighthouse), the Great Otway National Park complete with rainforest and waterfalls and of course the Great Ocean Road drive! Head further into the Otways to try your luck spotting glow worms at Melba Gully, the elusive platypus at Lake Elizabeth or the wild koalas at nearby Kennet River. Feeling adventurous? Activities in the area include surfing, windsurfing, snorkelling, horse riding along the beach, hiking, paragliding, kayaking out to the seals and the Great Ocean Road walk. Apollo Bay Eco YHA is also a Rent-a-YHA hostel, and can be booked exclusively for large groups. Bookings can be made for either half the hostel, which sleeps up to 36 people, or the whole hostel which sleeps up to 72 people. Please call the hostel Manager for more information. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, HostelWorld and Agoda so you can book your Apollo Bay Eco YHA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eco Beach Yha Hotel Apollo Bay
- Apollo Bay Eco YHA Great Ocean Road