“Good location in Apollo Bay”
Review of Beachfront Motel

Beachfront Motel
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Apollo Bay
Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is a great motel to stay at before or after the Great Ocean Road experience. It is in a good location being right opposite the beach and within easy walking distance of shops & restaurants. Our unit was clean & comfortable with a separate kitchenette & also the tariff was reasonable. The motel doesn't serve breakfast but there are cafes close by. We didn't have a chance to look around Apollo Bay because of gale-force winds which thankfully abated by the time we reached the 12 Apostles!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 23, 2013

My husband & I stayed at the Beachfront Motel for 2 nights on our visit to the great ocean road.
We were not disappointed at all.
The rooms are very comfortable and spotlessly clean and the cute little kitchen was all we needed.
It is so very quite with undercover parking at the door which was excellent especially as it had rained the whole time we where there.
The heating is great and good hot water service.
Would love to stay there again as Apollo bay was so quiet due to the bad weather
The beach is just across the road and on a good day the walk is beaut.

Room Tip: Sit back and enjoy.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Location is perfect - on the main strip of Apollo Bay. Spacious clean rooms with comfy bed, well stocked kitchenette ( toaster, kettle, wine glasses, water jug etc....) and bathrooms with all the amenites. We added an extra bed for the twin room - and were pleasantly surprised that it was a good quality single bed (not the foldable type with wheels) that was added - the room still felt spacious even with the extra bed. Car park is at your door step. And all for 50+/pax. A definite recommend!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank DrLincoln
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Found managers very helpful. They let us check in early as we caught the bus down from Geelong. We chose this motel as it's all on ground level and the bathrooms have a shower recess. The rooms are spotless and comfy. We stay every year and love it's close access to the bus stop, beach & shops. We highly recommend it to anyone travelling the great ocean rd.

1  Thank ElderlycoupleGeelong
Reviewed April 28, 2013

DON'T STAY IN THIS HOTEL!!!!!!! Here is my story....
I went this weekend to Apollo Bay to spend just one night. Arrived on Friday 7pm and left on Saturday at 10:45am... When I did the check in at the hotel, the owner asked me to sign off a "contract" where, according to him, was just saying that I had to pay if I break anything in the room... However... When I did the check out at 10:45 in the next morning, the owner charged me aditional $60!!!! According to the hotel "policies", the check out time is 10am and they were supposed to charge $20 of every 15 minutes that the customer is late!!! So... I said that I never saw a policy like this before and that it was not fare to charge me $60 for 45 minutes above the check out time (10am!!)... The owner did't care and said that I signed off the contract agreeing with this policy and he couldnt do anything!.... I said that I was going to complaint about it in TRIP ADVISOR and he said that he wouldn't care.... What a pity!!....I felt like he was just stealing my money from my wallet! So, DONT GO TO THIS HOTEL!!!!!

9  Thank MarcoAntonioCosta
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Another warm welcome and a good night's sleep. On main street close to shops and restaurants. Price was reduced by 10% because I'd joined Golden Chain after staying in another of their motels. A good centre for the Great Ocean Road. Well worth the drive.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed here over Easter and, as with most hotels in Australia, the price was raised very high for the period. The motel is well located for walking around town, (but if you have a car, any hotel in the area would be fine) and all restaurants and shops are near. Indeed, there is a large supermarket (Food Works) just behind, and this has a good bakery section, hot & cold deli, and liquor shop – this makes preparing your own breakfast easy (though there is a popular bakery just minutes away if you want to have breakfast out). For those who want to eat in, there is a separate kitchenette with a decent size fridge, table and two chairs.

The motel room is a good size and you can park your car right outside your door. The bed is comfortable as are the pillows. There is a wardrobe to hang clothes and the shelving under the window can also be used. There is no in-room safe however. There is a separate, private toilet within the bathroom and the shower has great water pressure.

As others have mentioned, the owners are friendly and helpful. What you see in the photos other Trip Advisors have posed is exactly what you get – a clean, modern, well designed room. However, at AUD 270 per night, this certainly wasn’t value for money! And don’t pay for internet access – it runs at a snail’s pace!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple