My wife and I stayed here recently for four nights and would without reservation recommend it to anyone looking for motel accommodation within very easy walking distance of all that Apollo Bay has to offer. It is situated one block behind the main street/seafront and hence there is no traffic noise.
We occupied an upper floor sea view (through neighbouring properties) room. This room was exactly as described and shown in photographs on the motel's website - there were no disappointments whatsoever. The room was well furnished and equipped. The wet/shower room was spacious and came with one of the best set of towels we have found in a motel. Also the wifi worked perfectly throughout our stay. In addition there was a guest laundry, which we found most useful as we are on a two month trip around south-east Australia.
The owners were welcoming and friendly - answering all our queries and recommending good restaurants and cafes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandpiper Motel has recently been completely remodeled and provides simple, stylish and contemporary accommodation at a reasonable price. The Motel caters for both couples and families and has sufficient flexibility to look after groups. We are only a gentle stroll from the many and varied restaurants in the centre of Apollo Bay and there is lots to see and do in the vicinity so why not stay a while! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandpiper Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandpiper Hotel Apollo Bay
- Sandpiper Motel Apollo Bay/Great Ocean Road