We warn you..this is not 5 star. Not even 3 star. In summary: not clean (floors were grubby), would not even pay $100 a night for this (we were ripped off at over $310 for one night), all bedrooms are upstairs with only bath/wc downstairs (very inconevenient and dangerous in middle of night), TV reception was about 50%, stale UHT milk in fridge on arrival, we were expected to do the managements job and take inventory on previous client (we did not do this of course), several light globes did not work on arrival, the queen bed was ready to collapse (joints were stuffed with paper in attempt to stabilise the bed), several windows had no flywire, shower head was dripping continuously and pillows were lumpy. Don't even think about booking this "joint", it is ready to fall apart. Looks like management/owners have not put any funds back into the upkeep for many years. We rate it 2 star and grossly overpriced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- OVERNIGHT AND HOLIDAY ACCOMMODATION - Rayville Boat Houses provides overnight and holiday accommodation in fully self-contained deluxe villas with a nautical theme on the ocean side of the Great Ocean Road - inside Apollo Bay. The stylish * * * * 4 Star Rayville Boat Houses are self-contained, deluxe, stand-alone Villas (AAA Tourism Rating) and a luxurious Penthouse. RECEPTIONAt our reception you will receive a warm welcome and advice about all the adventures of the Great Ocean Road as well as FREE WIFI, golf clubs, fishing rods, etc.. . Linen, towels, soaps, tea/coffee and wood for the woodfires are being provided.WHERE ARE WE?Walk to the beaches (60m) across the golf course, to the harbour or back up to the Great Ocean Road (60m) and to the shops and restaurants, attractions and markets of Apollo Bay.Enjoy being lulled to sleep by the roll of the waves from the ocean. The property is directed off the Great Ocean Road towards the golf course and the sea and is therefore quiet, away from crowds or traffic. VILLAS & PENTHOUSE. The modern and spacious Boat Houses are tastefully decorated in a nautical theme and all villas have cozy wood-fire, large corner spa, private balcony, full kitchen, television, stereo, video, individual car-port, air-conditioning and are fitted with all the latest amenities.While the Ocean View Villas have views from their terrace towards theocean, the romantic Deluxe Loft and 2 Bedroom Villas are not only cozy but also provide a view of Apollo Bay's amazing ranges from their verandah. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rayville Boat Houses & Penthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rayville Boat Hotel Penthouse
- Rayville Boat Houses & Penthouse Apollo Bay/Great Ocean Road