We were so pleased we had spent the extra $20-30 to stay here rather than a motel! We stayed in a terrace room-the bedroom and bathroom is beautifully decorated with facilities to a very high standard. It's was spacious and cosy, they had been to our room prior our arrival to put the heating on so we didn't check into a cold room :-) Big comfortable bed with heated mattress cover which we appreciated as it was chilly down on the GOR.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. The location is one street from the main promenade so nice a quiet but within walking distance to restaurants and shops.
If we had the time we would of definitely stayed longer here.
I recommend driving to the lookout on the hill, walking to the top as recommended by staff as it was an amazing view of Apollo bay (it's is a steep walk).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Captains at the Bay is a modern, well appointed Bed and Breakfast centrally located in the seaside village of Apollo Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Captain's At The Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Captain`s At The Bay Hotel Apollo Bay
- Captain's At The Bay Apollo Bay/Great Ocean Road