My wife I stayed in a Bridge Room at Captain’s by the Bay for two nights.
The room was beautifully appointed and very modern. There was a queen sized bed and a couch for two. The bathroom was also very modern and had a double shower. The room also had a large bath in the bedroom but we did make use of that.
Although we had a room facing the back of the property and not facing the water, the rolling hills behind Apollo Bay make a good view just the same.
The position was one street back from the main street. This worked in our favour as it was incredibly quiet during the night even though it was schoolies weekend.
Breakfast is served in the dining room between 8.00-9.00. A good spread of continental breakfast with the option to order bacon & eggs is a good way to start the day. A word of warning, the spinach is very heavily flavoured with garlic which can be a bit uncomfortable during the day.
Apollo Bay is a great place to stay and we were happy with our choice of staying at Captain’s by the Bay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Captains at the Bay is a modern, well appointed Bed and Breakfast centrally located in the seaside village of Apollo Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Captain's At The Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Captain`s At The Bay Hotel Apollo Bay
- Captain's At The Bay Apollo Bay/Great Ocean Road