Tripadvisor
Apollo Bay
All reviews the great ocean road centre of town short stop swimming pool one night the main street fresh milk king bed two bedroom apartment shopping strip an overnight stay next morning room was clean and comfortable ground floor guest laundry good size within walking distance
Selected filters
Reviewed January 17, 2020

Very spacious and clean rooms. Amazing and friendly staff and fantastic cleaners. The location is perfect, a short walk to the beach, shops, park and restaurant. I would definitely recommend this motel for anyone seeking a trip!

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Pbro16
ApolloBayMotel, Front Office Manager at Best Western Apollo Bay Motel and Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2020

Dear Pbro16,
Thanks for your positive review, its great to hear you had a pleasant stay.
We hope to see you again in the near future and wish you all the best.
Cheers,

Reviewed January 12, 2020

At short notice flew to Victoria to travel the Great ocean road and stay at some of the great places along the road. Being a last minute thing I had not booked ahead instead see what town I arrived at and then look for a local Motel. Arriving into Apollo Bay I checked websites and seeing the Best Western Apollo Bay Motel showing a room at $162 dollars I booked it. Two minutes later received a confirmation at $309 dollars. I instantly cancelled and being only two minutes from Motel I stopped in to apologise to manager and to let them know what had happened and request a refund. Sorry was the answer cancelling within 24 hours means you forfeit all monies even though the cancellation was within 5 mins of booking and I drove to Motel to notify them. Initially she laid the blame at the third party booking site who she informed me do the billing and I would have to contact them for any refund. The next day I contacted the booking site who informed me they do not do the billing it was the Motel only they could do a refund. Congrats Manager you just got me out of there by putting the onus on someone else and told me I should not have used them in the first place if I came direct I would have received a better price. Where would all these Motels be if it was not for the convenience of these sites. Yes I made the mistake by cancelling and so I am out of pocket and they just made $309 in five minutes, not bad for doing nothing but Best Western group will never get my business again.

Date of stay: January 2020
ApolloBayMotel, Manager at Best Western Apollo Bay Motel and Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2020

Mistakes do happen and it was highlight that making a booking, on-line, it is the bookers own responsibility and at their own risk. Rate inconsistency is a complex issue across the industry and is not exclusive to us, it is created by on-line travel agencies and very cleverly made to appear to be caused by the guest facing person at reception of the motel. Our rate, provided to the on-line travel agent, at the time of the booking was not $162 on any platform. Bookings are made with specific terms and conditions, agreed to by the booker with the platform in which they make the booking – in this case you selected to do this through an online platform that had non-refundable terms.
As you were already in Apollo Bay why not walk into reception instead of using a third party booking service? As you should be aware Best Western members who book directly receive a better rate, points and a gift card for a future stay which is all part of the current Best Western Summer promotion.
Whenever you travel in this wonderful country of ours and particularly given recent catastrophic events, it is encouraged that you book direct, and take your @emptyesky to support other local independent businesses.

Reviewed January 10, 2020 via mobile

This Best Western has super friendly staff. Ground level units for easy access. Car can be parked outside ground level units.
1 bedroom units are very spacious.
Beds clean and comfortable.
It is a flat short walk into the CBD of the township.
Straight across the road is the renowned Italian restaurant Casalingo, next door to that is a fantastic little cafe that serves breakfast and very nice coffee.

We have stayed here before and certainly would again.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ApolloBayMotel, Front Office Manager at Best Western Apollo Bay Motel and Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2020

Hi Richo69,
Thanks for your detailed review, Im pleased to hear we looked after you and you had a great stay.
We hope to see you again in the near future and wish you all the best for 2020.
Cheers,

Reviewed January 9, 2020

We booked a two bedroom apartment, it was very comfortable and nicely renovated.
The price was quite high but during Christmas this seems to be normal at the Great Ocean Road. Would stay there againg.

Date of stay: December 2019

Dear Jürgen,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review.
I'm pleased to hear you had an enjoyable and comfortable stay.
We hope to see you again in the near future and wish you all the best for 2020.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed January 7, 2020

Overall it was a good stay. The staff are friendly and the place is comfortable to stay. We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment after xmass, so the price was quite high. The location of the place is very good, you can quickly get to the beach and all the nice shops including IGA. Bring your Tesla as well as this had two Tesla charging stations.

Good: Good sized bedrooms, comfortable beds, good kitchen, Great location (few mins walk to beach and shops), Guest laundry
Not so good: Small TV, uncomfortable lounge sofas, slow / dropping Wifi, Old curtains, Overpriced

Room tip: Try not to get the rooms next to the bar, as it stays noisy
Date of stay: December 2019
ApolloBayMotel, Front Office Manager at Best Western Apollo Bay Motel and Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2020

Hi EfZee,
Thanks for your detailed review, we appreciate your feedback.
I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed Apollo Bay, you had a comfortable stay and found the location convenient. Thanks for letting us know about the things we can improve on too, we are planning considerable renovations in 2020 and plan to update the items mentioned.
Hopefully we see you again soon.
Kind Regards,