“Good quality motel in central location”

Best Western Apollo Bay Motel and Apartments
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Apollo Bay
Worcestershire
“Good quality motel in central location”
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Clean, spacious rooms, comfortable beds and free wifi. This motel's best asset is it's owner Heather. She rescued us from a booking mix up at another hotel and nothing was too much trouble. She provided a list of local restaurant recommendations, a map of the town and suggestions on how to make the most of our time in the area. When you are only staying one night it's these things that make the difference.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
ApolloBayMotel, Owner at Best Western Apollo Bay Motel and Apartments, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you for the review we were happy to be able to rescue you.

Hope that the rest of your trip was enjoyable and you got to see all the beautiful sights around Apollo Bay and beyond

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Harderwijk, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Perfect location in a beautiful town. People are very helpfull, told everything I want to know about things to do and see. Large room, good beds, great bathroom and free internet. Perfect stop halfway the Great Ocean Drive.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
ApolloBayMotel, Owner at Best Western Apollo Bay Motel and Apartments, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thanks you for taking the time to write the review, it means a lot to us.
We have met some fantastic overseas visitors this summer and your were among them.
I hope that you enjoyed the rest your holiday and can get out here again to see some more of the sights Australia has to offer.
Heather
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I'm one of those ppl that turn my nose up at the sound of staying at motel.because they are never clean, always mould in the bathroom, rooms need a good lick of paint, linen gross and old, service generally trouble.But we left our booking to the last minute and we had no choice but to stay here really. And I'm soooo glad we did. From the second we checked in to the every last second we checked out this morning the customer service was fantastic. The rooms are as clean as you can get bedding fresh and cleaning, bathroom towels good, comfy beds. Smiling faces on the staff always which was a nice change. If you don't love doing what you do, you shouldn't be in it. I will be back for sure and I will always recommend this motel.

Thanks
Room 10 ( the orchid whisper )

• Stayed December 2013
Thanks for staying, and for the review. It was lovely to meet you and the Orchids are doing ok - think that the Air-conditioning may have effected them but new blooms coming. Thanks also for the tender loving care that you gave them.
It was a pleasure to look after you and hope that you get back again some time

Heather
South Australia, Australia
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I stayed for a night as love Apollo Bay and its surrounds. The night before having stayed at the south wharf Hilton which was 5 star and fantastic and only 225 a night. i nearly choked when told this 3 star simple motor inn was north of the Hiltons price. Yes it was clean and people who run it friendly but really over priced for a plain simple room with a view of a car park.
My advice is to shop around and plan your trip as there are better places and far cheaper. I did leave feeling a bit ripped off.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tim J
Thanks you for the time you took to write a response.

I'm sorry that you felt that way, we go out of our way to make our guest comfortable and well looked after. I have tried to contact you via email on Trip Adviser as we are unable to find a booking in your name or any one from Brisbane and after looking at your photo we were unable to recognize you
I hope that you enjoyed the rest of the trip
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I ventured out for a 2 day Great Ocean Road adventure with no real set agenda or schedule, nor a place to stay for the night. It was winter in Australia so plenty of lodging appeared to have vacancies as I drove through several areas but I waited to stop until it started to get dark and landed in Apollo Bay. After driving past a couple of places, I took a right turn and saw the Best Western Vacancy sign and decided to stop and inquire.

The lovely woman in the office (I wish I could remember her name because she was wonderful) quickly got me set up and checked into a room. She also helped me with finding a place to eat as that time of year by the evening, almost everything appeared to be closed.

The room was spacious and very clean and the bed comfortable. The room was cold as they'd not been expecting a guest but I turned on the heater as I headed off to grab a bit and the room was nice and cozy upon my return.

The room was stocked with tea but I don't drink caffeine so I ran to the office before it got too late to ask if they had any other tea that was decaf. The lovely owner actually went into her pantry and gave me not one, but two (she said so I'd have some for the morning) herbal tea bags. It is those little touches that really help you feel comfortable when you're half way around the world on a cold, rainy, windy night and have a bad cold to boot. It really was appreciated.

She also helped me with some tips on places to stop/skip my 2nd day and also the route options for heading back to Melbourne. I'm already planning another trip and plan to do another road trip to the area and will definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: As the property is set off the main road about 1/2 block, any of the rooms would serve well.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
ApolloBayMotel, Owner at Best Western Apollo Bay Motel and Apartments, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Thank you for the review, hope you got over the head cold and were able to get on and enjoy the rest of your break.
It was our pleasure to look after you and we look forward to having you back again when you are in Australia next. – I will map out plenty more for you to see in this beautiful area.

Horsham, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We stayed for one night while traveling the ocean rd. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. The owners were very helpfull with all travel needs. Walking distance to everything to see and eat in apollo bay. Breakfast was excellent, the best poached eggs. Many thank to all the staff. Will stay there again

Room Tip: Corner suite was excellent
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
ApolloBayMotel, Owner at Best Western Apollo Bay Motel and Apartments, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a review for our Motel.
It was our pleasure to look after you and glad that you enjoyed the breakfast – the Chefs Specialty Poached Eggs and Bacon. Hope the rest of your trip was just as enjoyable.
We look forward to having you come back and stay with on another occasion - fishing is great down here

Owner
Danville, California
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night while doing Great Ocean drive. It was conveniently located in Apollo Bay. Out Hertz Never Lost did not have the address in their system, but once on the street it was easy to find. The front desk staff was super friendly and helpful. The room was expensive @ $260 for a two bedroom place. It was very outdated but clean. The bathroom shower was so small that we did not use it. It was only for 1 night. I made the reservation on hotel.com and it did NOT require a multiple night booking (many hotels in the area do) AND we could cancel up to 2 days prior (other hotels require a deposit of up to 100 percent). I slept in the room with twin bed and bunk bed. Bed was firm but comfy. My friend had the queen bed and she said it was lumpy. I was thinking hat it would be noisy since it was Friday night and he bottle shop was next door. I did not hear any noise from that, but it was super windy and that noise woke us many times. The windows are not double pane and they are drafty. There was a great Italian restaurant across the street, recommended by the hotel staff, and a bottle shop and wine store next door and around he corner. Only 1 block from beach we had a nice power walk on the beach in the morning. Internet connectivity is $5 per wi if card (we needed 3 since we were using them simultaneously). They are limited in KB download and my husband's card ran out (mine did not). I would recommend this if you need flexibility like we did. If you are firm on your dates I would select a more modern place. Nothing wrong with this place other than outdated furnishings and price.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks you for taking the time to write a review we are ideally located and take pride in offering good friendly service
The two bedroom apartments were all upgraded in 2010 and offer affordable accommodation for families and larger groups of friends, I assure you our commercial beds are of the highest quality but there is nothing like your own bed after a long trip.
I hope that the last part of the trip was enjoyable

Owner