“Fine Dining In Apollo Bay”
Review of The Vista

The Vista
Ranked #17 of 31 Restaurants in Apollo Bay
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 3, 2014

My wife and I decided to have dinner here last night, almost despite the recent mixed reviews it has received on TripAdvisor (although no reviewer seems to be critical of the food), and we are very glad we did.
Yes, this is not a cheap restaurant: our meal of three courses, a bottle of good Victoria (local) wine and coffee was just over AUD 200. However, we thought the ambience pleasant and relaxing, the service helpful and professional, the menu and wine list offering a wide enough choice and, most importantly, our dishes were well cooked and nicely presented.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

We were walk-ins but were still given a good table and the place was packed which is always a good sign. Staff gave us a bit of hassle to start off with as we wanted to have a couple of cocktails before we ordered but they had other ideas, but once we had ordered service slowed to a good pace. My oysters Kilpatrick were to die for, and my main of chicken roulade was equally delicious, whilst my partner chose ravioli and barramundi. The wine list was extensive but the overall cost is quite high - worth it for the freshness of the food.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Recommended by the hotel but certainly not worth the money. Average service, overpriced for what you get in the plate.
Ravioli with crayfish is filled with ricotta cheese and could hardly tell there was any crayfish in it.
Would not recommend this place to travellers enjoying the ride on great ocean road.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This was a lovely restaurant located on the corner of main street. Had a great seafood meal. Staff were very busy but looked after us well. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

I was treated to a romantic meal the night after valentines day. We stayed in Apollo Bay for two nights and I was after some seafood. My boyfriend and I ordered the seafood platter - though we were a little surprised at the cost (it was our first time!). It would have been good to have the cost presented on the board to compare it to the other meals on the menu.

We were impressed with the bread and the salad that came with the meal. Putting the octopus on the bread made for a great bruschetta. We loved the Port Fairy bug, the crab, octopus, fish fillet prawns (the highlight for me!), mussels (the highlight for him) and salmon, but I thought the scallops were slightly overcooked, and we had one bad looking oyster which we didn't eat.

We experienced good service and were placed in a quiet corner of the room.

The toilet door could do with the locks that don't work removing.

Overall we were impressed, thank you.