“Don't miss this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Vista

The Vista
Ranked #15 of 30 Restaurants in Apollo Bay
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Melbourne, Australia
“Don't miss this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Excellent food, friendly staff, very good service. Every time we come to Apollo Bay, we come to The Vista for dinner. It's never disappointed!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank RetiredSkip

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Perth
“Bad Customer Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

After been recommended by our 5-star accommodation to visit The Vista, I booked a table at 5.39pm 19th Feb registered on the mobile for a booking at 7pm. I spoke to a male attendant who took my name and mobile number. I explained that we would like to be seated inside as my 82-year-old father was attending and could not handle the evening breeze. From my conversation I presumed that the booking was made and confirmed. Looking forward to this dinner, we arrived at the restaurant. The Manager was very arrogant and didn't believe that I made the booking even after explaining that I did phone and spoke to male attendant at the restaurant. I advised that the evidence of the call being made was on my mobile phone, which he stated he didn't believe, as he was the only person at the restaurant during this time. He stated loudly and clearly that if we don't like the table we welcome to leave and go to another place, I thought the better option was to leave. I have never been spoken to in this manner at any other restaurant and found it totally unacceptable and with this management approach it is hard to see this restaurant achieving its goal.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Westernaus
“Great seafood but a little to $$$”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Great seafood some of the freshest I've ever eaten but it was a little to $$$ for the amount given saying that if money's not a issue then go for it the seafood platter is the way to go for $240 it's a must and the cheese cake was great good wine list to will go back next time in apollo bay

australia
“Pricey for small portions!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

We had been travelling for most of the day and ready for a good meal which The Vista gave us but it was the size of meal I would give to one of my grandchildren. I ordered barramundi which from memory cost around $40 and from the size of it looked like I was sharing a fish with someone else in the restaurant. I put it down to them being extremely busy and possibly running out of food but It would appear that is their norm.

Our bill was just over $100 for the two of us which included wine.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank aussietraveller03
Geelong, Australia
“Another lovely restaurant in Apollo Bay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

We had read all the good and bad reviews - had walked past many times, and thought about all the bad reviews so never ventured in. Last weekend we were in the wonderful A.B. and had a special date to celebrate so decided to give it a try. Great service, food was beautiful. We were pleasantly surprised and really enjoyed the night. Tad expensive, but compariable to other good restaurants along the coast.

• Visited February 2013