“Best restaurant in Apollo Bay”
Review of The Vista

The Vista
Ranked #17 of 30 Restaurants in Apollo Bay
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Melbourne, Australia
“Best restaurant in Apollo Bay”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I dine in the Vista Restaurant quite often seeing as I come to Apollo Bay regularly from Melbourne and I have to say I am shocked by some of the reviews here and want to show my support for a fabulous and (pretty rare) quality seafood restaurant. I have tried an assortment of dishes from the menu, the food is always impeccable and cannot be faulted.

Finding fault with the size of the portions... I have to say, check before you dine! This is FINE DINING, stick to the pubs if you want quantity and not quality. Have to say I've never left hungry so am baffled by that! Complaining about prices, this is Australia! I'm not a local and am fully aware how expensive EVERYWHERE is in Australia now, have you seen prices in other local cafes and restaurants in town and across Australia? Get real! Seafood comes at a cost especially in Australia and this is the ONLY place you can expect to walk away happy. I'd suggest hitting the supermarket or a pizza joint if those are your complaints. Check the quality and cost of a similar meal in your own town and see what the difference is!

The seafood linguini, the snapper, the Barramundi...the **Seafood Platter**! If you don't fancy fish I recently had the steak...wow. It is all exceptional, even the coffee is gorgeous! The service is top notch and there's always a friendly smile and nod from behind the scenes too.

The fact of the matter is if you find fault with your dinner you should let them know straight away so they can rectify! It's really not fair to rock up on here with your thoughts when you haven't let them know adequately!

Every time I have been here (twice in the last month alone!) I've been surrounded by happy diners who always seem to leave satisfied, unfortunately there's a lack of these people showing their support here so here's mine!

Great food, great service...GREAT RESTAURANT!

2 Thank Paul F

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Ouyen, Australia
“The worst dinner ever.”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We were on a rare holiday and wanted to treat ourselves to a crayfish dinner so we went to the Vista. Boy were we disappointed! When the meal arrived, we looked at each other surpised by how small it was! No bigger than a large yabby, and half a one at that! And for $75 each!! Even worse, the crayfish meat was just mush! I broke one of the claws in half and it was dry! Obviously well overcooked! When we complained to one waiter he just walked off and ignored us. The next one was very apologetic and offered us free desserts, which were nice.
We left still hungry and very dissappointed because we had paid much more than it was worth, well over $200........we also paid for garlic bread which we never got!

1 Thank Taurus54
Se Qld
“Do not go if you are hungry”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We dined as group of seven people on the 28th Jan 2013, the portion size of the entree as well as the main course, was totally inadequate for the price of meal charged.
We declined dessert as a group as we believed the portion size to be comparable to previous courses served, however a dessert served to an adjoining table, was twice the size of the portion of fish served as main course.
We expressed our disappointment to the staff on duty, but their response was clearly a lack of interest.
Do not bother going if you are hungry.

2 Thank fvm54
newcastle
“Lovely seafood”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Glad we booked as this is a busy place, the food and service was excellent although a little pricey $132 for 2 mains 1 desert and 2 drinks

Visited January 2013
Hexham, United Kingdom
“Great Dinner”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Apollo Bay is a little uninspiring with plenty of burger cafes etc and we were delighted to find this quality little restaurant for dinner just away from the centre. The choice was good, food was well prepared, cooked and presented. Good wine list. Service was efficient and friendly.

• Visited November 2012