“Seems to be the best place in town”
Review of Apollo Bay Hotel

Apollo Bay Hotel
Ranked #16 of 33 Restaurants in Apollo Bay
Cuisines: Australian, International
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Apollo Bay Hotel is located right in the heart of Apollo Bay, only 2.5 hours drive west of Melbourne on the breathtaking Great Ocean Road. Apollo Bay is literally 'Paradise by the Sea' - a small coastal town renowned for its magnificent beaches, farmers market and local community spirit, surrounded by the Otway Ranges and only a short distance from the famous Twelve Apostles. Enjoy casual dining by the sea in our nautical-inspired bistro and alfresco dining areas, or enjoy a glass of wine or boutique beer in our stylish bar - all the while taking in the spectacular views of the Apollo Bay Foreshore. We offer an extensive dining menu featuring traditional pub fare, pizza, delicious specials and a selection of seasonal dishes. Live entertainment most weekends. Accommodation is available and a function room is also available for hire. We cater for large groups (including tour groups). Please contact us for more information.
Reviewed October 21, 2013

good wine and beer. You order beer and food separate front desks. Foods are reasonablel.

1  Thank skyNforest2014

Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband had fish and chips which he said was good, I had roast beef which was frozen and reheated, had a salty preserved taste which wasn't very pleasant. The veg tasted frozen and under cooked and although the serving was large, it was not a nice meal at all. We had free coffee with our package and that was a pleasant bonus.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

i was a bit dissapointed it looks great and the food the other patrons got looked nice i ordered a chicken breast and it was very disappointing (overcooked and dry) the bbq chicken at the supermarket tastes better! and the staff weren't very friendly
it was bit disappointing.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I have had meals here a few times now and I still feel the same about this hotel. I wish the menu was a little larger, or had some more variety to cater for different tastes. I would say it is on the more expensive end, but the servings are large and you won't leave hungry. The service is excellent from the staff. The hotel is large, warm, cosy and comfortable. But overall, my food was just ok, on more than one occassion, I wish the menu had more options and its was a little less expensive.

1  Thank leahhh17
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I cannot review this hotel & the staff highly enough. As a couple going through from Melbourne to Adelaide, we requested a steak, chips & salad. The steak was cooked to perfection, exactly how we requested.....however, this is not our only compliment. Our accommodation was with another motel in Apollo Bay, also a nice place, but didnt do steak. The Apollo Bay hotel let us call through our order, my husband picked up (to our amazement, our meal was presented beautifully on an actual dinner plate to take away) not in a traditional plastic container, (giving you the feeling of take away) - thanks Apollo Bay Hotel for the exceptional meal & service.

Paul & Carolyn (Adelaide SA)