“Good Pub Food”

Ranked #18 of 33 Restaurants in Apollo Bay
Cuisines: Australian, International
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Apollo Bay Hotel is located right in the heart of Apollo Bay, only 2.5 hours drive west of Melbourne on the breathtaking Great Ocean Road. Apollo Bay is literally 'Paradise by the Sea' - a small coastal town renowned for its magnificent beaches, farmers market and local community spirit, surrounded by the Otway Ranges and only a short distance from the famous Twelve Apostles. Enjoy casual dining by the sea in our nautical-inspired bistro and alfresco dining areas, or enjoy a glass of wine or boutique beer in our stylish bar - all the while taking in the spectacular views of the Apollo Bay Foreshore. We offer an extensive dining menu featuring traditional pub fare, pizza, delicious specials and a selection of seasonal dishes. Live entertainment most weekends. Accommodation is available and a function room is also available for hire. We cater for large groups (including tour groups). Please contact us for more information.
Reviewed November 16, 2012

The food was good pub food. The very good rating is for the quality of the meal which was fine.I mentioned to the server when ordering that I thought the menu seemed a bit over priced and that I hoped the quality of the servings was in line with the pricing. No complaints on the food at all. Wine was also a bit on the high priced side but again we had a good meal and a good wine. Atmosphere a little tainted by a child at a near by table who just screamed and screamed for most of the time we were there..

ApolloMgmt, General Manager at Apollo Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Eric,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience with us at The Apollo Bay Hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your meal and our wine selection. Your feedback is most appreciated. Unfortunately being a bit off the beaten track means we pay a little more for produce etc, we do however try to keep the cost being passed on to the customer to a minimum. We will be noting your feedback when launching our new Summer menu shortly.
I look forward to your return visit the next time you take in the beautiful Great Ocean Road.
Regards,
John Guilfoyle
Apollo Bay Hotel
03 5237 6250
manager@apollobayhotel.com.au

Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Good relaxing same old pub atmosphere with good old pub food a little over priced but a you can dress down and fit in. Amazing sweets to choose from with good coffee

Reviewed October 10, 2012

My vegetarian risotto was unedible due to the saltiness of the meal and was a small servng. Cost $25.00 Not refund offerred when I complained re meal. Prompt service in a busy pub. Husband had batterred fish and chip meal. Saidhe liked it. I wont be going back again

Reviewed October 9, 2012

loved the food. meal was probably a bit big as I left some on my plate, but very tasty. not much atmosphere once inside and eating. bit of background music or something would have been good.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

My boyfriend and I enjoyed a wonderful meal here at the Apollo Bay Hotel.

Leah (manager) gave us some great guidance on what to order. We shared a garlic cob loaf & followed up with 2 mains - garlic prawns and roasted pork belly with calamari. The meals were deliciously tasty & we weren't able to finish them as they were generous serves. Yum

Leah checked to see we enjoyed our meals and made sure our glasses remained full) It was a fabulous relaxed experience ... Thanks to Leah and her team. We will be back one day!