Peppers York Cove
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
The Charles Robbins(George Town)
View Hotel
Central Court Motel(George Town)
Riviera Hotel(Beauty Point)
View Hotel
Tamar Cove Motel(Beauty Point)
Rosevears Estate(Rosevears)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewstamar riveryork covewine regionbedroom apartmentsecure parkingfull kitchenoverlooking the waterking sizeeasy driveliving areaonsite restaurantexcellent facilitiescomfortable bedseparate toiletwasher and dryerquiet locationheated pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I highly recommend this property. The 2 bedroom water view apartment was huge and very well appointed. Huge kitchen, really nice bathrooms, bedrooms and large lounge room and balconies overlooking the lake. The service was also very good and accommodating and the communication between the front office and restaurant was very impressive. The onsite restaurant/bar was also excellent. We dined there for dinner and breakfast and it was delicious. Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: Get a waterview apartment
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 15, 2014

After forgetting there was a big sporting event on in Launceston accommodation was a little scarce so we decided to try outside of Launceston and stayed at Peppers York Cove in Georgetown. The accommodation was amazing. We had an apartment with fantastic kitchen and great appliances. The living area was huge and the full length balcony great for sitting on and enjoying the last of the sun on what was a very nice winters day. Bed was very comfortable and the TV in the bedroom an added bonus. Staff were very friendly. Had dinner but unfortunately was a little disappointed. The breakfast the next morning was very nice however. Would return - no problem.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Well I thought this place was lovely - even though I didn't have an apartment or anything near as nice as some of the rooms described by other reviewers. It looks like they set the rooms up so they interconnect, so at the front overlooking the water, there are the super duper apartments other people have described. It looks like those ones have the kitchens and great views and are two bed apartments. And then there's the rooms like I stayed in, which have a connecting door presumably to the second bedroom and front apartment.

The complex is very very new. Quite modern and attractive inside though very hollow and echo-y in the hallways, so the slightest sound of people moving around is amplified and if you get a gaggle of people all talking, it sounds like you are at a football match. Definitely not a nice way to be woken up at 6.30am as I was.

However, even though I only had a room and even though there was no view to speak of, the room was very nice. Large bathroom with separate bath. Also a separate toilet. Quite a lot of hanging space and cupboards and bathrobes. Yay. Lovely fluffy bathrobes. So I had a bubbie bath and then wrapped myself in the robe and relaxed for the night. But it was the bed that did it for me. So very inviting. Couldn't wait to go to bed, and it was quite lovely and comfortable. Probably had my best nights sleep in a while.

We ate in the restaurant and I thought the food was superb though the service was pretty poor (there was only one other couple in the restaurant). Also had breakfast as it was included in the price of the room. I didn't think much of the breakfast but the prices were reasonable.

I think this place would be fantastic for a romantic weekend away, especially if you got one of the fabulous front apartments on the top floor. The views would be just lovely from there. Could also be a good place for groups of people with the interconnecting room scenario. The complexes consist of two storey town houses with two apartments per floor and two single rooms per floor, so a very large group could potentially take over an entire town house!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank BrisCaz
Lucie N, Manager at Peppers York Cove, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Thank you for your feedback and review of our resort.
We are very lucky to have such a beautiful location. I would love to hear more in regards to the service you received in the restaurant and invite you to contact me at lucie.nicol@peppers.com.au
We strive to produce great service as we believe this compliments the food to produce an overall enjoyable experience and are continually providing on going training to our staff to do so, and any feedback in greatly appreciated.
Kind Regards,
Lucie Nicol
Operations & Events Manager

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Fantastic Accommodation highly recommend a 1 bedroom apartment, extremely spacious, modern & clean. Fantastic service staff extremely helpful and friendly. Would recommend having breakfast at the hotel it is top notch, also dined here for dinner both nights which would highly rate. Bed's are comfortable, Full Kitchen, TV in bedroom and Living Room. Fantastic Grounds, loved the Games Room (although bit pricey to pay the games / pool) Pool is heated, great view and secure undercover parking. Approx 25 minutes drive from Launceston. Would definitely stay here again when next in the area, would have to be one of the best Peppers I have stayed at.

Room Tip: 1 Bedroom Apartment
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2014

My husband & I often go for a drive on a weekend for our coffee and today drove up to Georgetown from Launceston. We first went out to low head and Bell Buoy Beach then back to Peppers in Georgetown. We arrived there at 3.55pm and was told that they close the café/bar at 4pm and it was too late to get coffee. The hotel itself remained open and it would not have been a problem to sit in the café/bar/reception area as they were open anyway but the girl was too lazy to make 2 cups of coffee. As we have been there many times before, I don't ever remember being told they were closed but I do know that we will never go there again.
What sort of hotel closes a bar/café area at 4pm? We drove back to Launceston and had our coffee at Hotel Grand Chancellor.

Room Tip: I would not personally stay here on principal although the location is very nice.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jan S
Lucie N, Manager at Peppers York Cove, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Thank you for your feedback.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused to you. Our restaurant closes early on Sundays, with lunch finishing at 3:00pm and no dinner service. Generally the staff would have been able to serve you at that time having been any other day, however the coffee machine had been cleaned with a chemical cleaner on Sundays and had been turned off for the evening as part of the pack down, with reception staying open slightly longer for hotel check ins.
Once again, we apologise for your disappointment and hope to see you again soon.
Kind Regards,