Empire Hotel
$61
$57
Agoda.com
Mole Creek Guesthouse(Mole Creek)(Great Value!)
$88
Sheffield Motor Inn(Sheffield)(Great Value!)
$104
$77
Agoda.com
Kentish Hills Retreat(Sheffield)(Great Value!)
$85
$79
$77
$73
  • Pool
Country Club Tasmania(Launceston)(Great Value!)
$125
$116
Riverside Hotel Motel(Riverside)(Great Value!)
$65
$61
$82
$70
  • Restaurant
Forest Walks Lodge(Jackeys Marsh)
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewspub foodquailgreat mealexcellent stayshared bathroomthe main streetplace to staylovely towncradle mountainmarkamandawinnertasmaniadevonportfireplaceaccommodationcharacter
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 26, 2012

I have to say, I only booked into the Thai suite here because I was totally fascinated with a very authentic thai suite in the middle of a regional Tasmanian town. Its fair to say I barely looked at the other amenities, or though through my actions, and I was also somewhat excited about the thai restaurant downstairs, which was rumoured to be very good. The hotel is great in that it is a classic Tassie pub, the staff are lovely and super helpful. The bad part for me as a gal business traveller was that it was a shared toilet pub style, which i'm not fond of for midnight dashes in your pi's, and also it was so cold I thought I might die and be found like Mawson clinging to my Thai bed. No electric blanket and a very small heater was inadequate for the beginning of a Tasmanian winter, and I had booked for two nights and ended up leaving after one as I simply couldn't have taken another night there. I think the rooms are great thematically, and if you are a warm blood who doesn't mind a shared toilet, have the hilarity of the asian suites in Deloraine, or stay there in summer.

Room Tip: Choose the Thai or Japanese suites.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank PollyMcGee
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Had lunch here today was lovely had the beer battered fish and chips trevalla good quality excellent size serving dressed salad and crunchy chips. Coffee excellent nice and strong and local beers on tap. For 2 $40 for main and a beer each will return.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I have never eaten in at the Empire Hotel, only gotten take-away, but have always been most impressed with my meals. There is plenty to choose from, the prices are reasonable and the food is always prepared quickly. Yum!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank RLG2121
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Visited Saturday night just gone,I had a green curry, partner had a seafood combination stirfry. We both really enjoyed our meals.

Have eaten there previously and meals have always been good.

Didn't stay in the accommodation this time, but have previously stayed in the Thai themed room. There is also a Japanese themed room. They are lovely rooms unfortunately no ensuites though.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2011

In recent times, we travelled extensively throughout W.A, N.T, Tasmania and our home State of Queensland. We like dining out. A lot. My partner is a self confessed 'foodie' and I like very rare (blue) steak. Throughout our travels we dined out an estimated three times weekly. Over the last twelve months, this makes for approximately 150 dining experiences. I would have ordered about 100 steaks.

Frequently, we needed to explain to waiting personell what a 'blue steak' meant ( including both english and non-english speaking staff) Even so, many of the steaks were actually presented on my plate in a medium rare condition. On the odd occasion they came out rare, but were so fat, grizzly and chuncky to be rendered inedible. Indeed, after consuming some 80 plus streaks, I gave up on steak for a few weeks lest I be disappointed.

Whilst visiting Deloraine, my foodie partner pointed out the Empire Hotel, indicating that 'hey, perhaps they do a good steak, whaddayareckon?' I realised it was the Thai food that lured him, but never mind, being an optimist I decided to order a blue steak.

What a delightful, mouth watering surprise! This unobtrusive, unpretentious restaurant delivered what was unquestionably the best steak I have ever had the pleasure to introduce to my refined taste buds! An unmitigated winner! We came back the next night and again they delivered! An absolute treat, and imagine our sheer culinary joy ( Yes, my partner simply LOVED the Thai dishes!) in finding this restaurant.

The only down side of all this is that we actually live way up in North Queensland. We have sufficient dining experiences to realise that no other restaurant is going to surpass the Empire Hotel. So I guess we will have to come back!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple