“Chalet 3 - surf's up!”
Review of Bicheno Hideaway

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bicheno
Bicheno Hideaway
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My hubby and I have just returned from Chalet 3. We booked for three nights and were lucky enough to squeeze in a fourth night - we loved it so much! Imagine cold winter days - rain, stormy seas and being safe and warm in a secluded chalet with not another person in sight. A choice of watching stormy weather (between reading an unexpected gem from the small library of books) through enormous glass windows or venturing out onto the rocks to feel the wind and watch the waves or cuddling up on a sofa ..and watching a DVD - perfect for a winter getaway.

The kitchenette is adequate for preparing light meals; the furniture very comfortable and clean -the bed amazingly comfortable ...and warm...

We really loved staying in this chalet - elegant without artifice. If you are looking for space and time away from the rat race we recommend staying with Nick and Arabella who are wonderful hosts. Thank you for sharing this special place.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in the Boathouse at the Bicheno hideaway and we were blown away by how lovely it was. Old world charm mixed with quirky furnishings, plenty of room if you wanted to sleep 6-8 people, a large deck where you can enjoy breakfast (like we did) or an evening BBQ if the weather permits. We loved the roaming peacocks and they loved perching on the balcony of our bedroom. The telescope was a very clever edition for watching the local wildlife and we NEVER got tired of looking out at the fabulous view. Our only regret was that we didn't stay longer and we will definitely come back again. Just wonderful.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Erika L
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My son, parents & I stayed here for 2 nights at the start of April and loved it. The accommodation was unique, the creature comforts excellent and the location beyond compare. I would definitely recommend this place for anyone looking to enjoy natural surroundings without any modern day stresses.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MPW_Oz
Reviewed April 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the boathouse for two nights in April and loved our stay.The interior is very spacious with eclectic furnishings and art works, music, coffee making machine!!!!! and wonderful combustion heater. We enjoyed the privacy and environment, located beachfront with all the comforts of home and unexpected personal touches.Congratulations to Annabel and Nick for their vision. Highly recommended to those desiring a unique experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wendy b
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My mother (83), sister and I spent two nights in The Boathouse (pictured) on our way up the east coast of Tasmania. Absolutely amazing, so much room, eccentric decor, original paintings on the walls, every possible amenity. Loved the peacocks, loved the proximity to the wild-looking beach, wish it had been colder so we could have had an excuse to light the fire!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Sherwoor
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed at Bicheno Hideaway for 2 nights and absolutely lovend it! What a unique spot and a privilege to stay here! Undisturbed sea views from the accommodation, secluded but very close to the little town and the accomodation is equiped with all we needed. We even borrowed a bycicle and rods for free! Supreme hospitality by Arabella and Nick. We woud love to come back!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Krijnvdg
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I'd think if I wanted a four seasons experience, then that's what I'd book into.
This place and the owners are charming beyond any expectations I had.
Having found and researched on the net, the boathouse was far above my expectations, and my partners.
The rooms are spacious and comfortable, the scenery and location is sublime.

The grounds are Australian bush, with peacocks and wildlife everywhere.
If you want a groomed golf course then book into one, but any suggestion that this is dirty is plainly absurd, it was spotless and had extras like cling wrap and foil, great coffee making machine.....and Arabella and Nick were on hand to provide anything extra, you just had to ask!
Maybe even politely.

WE are booking again for next year, for longer, as the stay was sensational. I would recommend it to anyone with enough sense to realise where they are going and what they will get.

I appeal to anyone reading the pervious tripe , to totally disregard it ,and head to Bicheno, it is heaven on a stick.

PS.
I hate staying in soulless places like the Four Seasons, you could be anywhere in the world and miss the fact you are travelling.

Mark and Di.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Di M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bicheno
Beachfront Bicheno
Tidelines of Bicheno
Tidelines of Bicheno
#1 of 6 in Bicheno
Sandpiper Ocean Cottages

Been to Bicheno Hideaway? Share your experiences!