“A Nice View!”

Cuisines: Seafood, Australian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We had dinner here one night, the food was really good, a bit pricey in my opinion though, view was gorgeous, service was ok, girls were nice enough but weren't entirely clued up on the menu. There are nicer places to eat in Tassie but because its limited in Bicheno, we were happy enough to eat here.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

we arrived late to Bicheno and were advised that this place would still be open, luckily is as the we just ordered some take away, the fish was really beautiful

1  Thank chris h
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is a great place to eat generous servings and cooked to perfection. The staff are lovely and friendly.

1  Thank Maree D
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Views are magnificent. Food delicious, service friendly, all in all a great place... Glad we went there and would go again. Very accomodating of our 4 kids under 7. Nice quiet outdoor area that was empty and allowed the kids to run amuck.

2  Thank mdje2010
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Visited for lunch on Friday, had a mixed experience.
The service was shocking but we were not surprised as others commented about this. We decided to go as the food had good reviews.
We were seated and orders taken. My drink arrived but was incorrect, my dining partners drink did not arrive. He went to the bar area and had the server correct the mistake and bring his drink. The food arrived, again my order was incorrect. I returned it to the bar area and asked for it to be fixed, which it was a few minutes later.
My battered flake was good, it was tender and the batter crisp, the salad was also nicely dressed. Not bad for fish and chips but not great for $24 fish and chips.
My partner has the catch of the day, flathead, grilled. It was nearly inedible it was so overcooked. At $30 with mash (not creamy as advertised) and veg it was a BIG disappointment. A rip off in fact.
Nobody came to clear our table so we were unable to provide feedback.
How disappointing after a fine meal at the Seafront Best Western Bistro the night before.
At an outrageous $80 for lunch I would not recommend this to anyone.

1  Thank Traveller_abroad_12