Its a fantastic location, with spectacular views. A tip though, don't book the exorbitant rates listed on the website, I'd be ropeable if I'd paid $400 a night for the room I had (it was more of $200 quality).
I've seen varying other comments so I can't emphasis more, that you should come for the hospitality and the friendliness by the owners, the living area is clean, compact and tidy. The double bed I slept in for 2 nights was unfortunately very uncomfortable, but the ability to see the penguins walk by was magical.
The resort has been painted recently and does look fantastic.
Either way, you can't beat that view. Its truly a sight you need to see with your own eyes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free Penguins viewing & Beach Resort, with large Conference area with Ocean beach views, Bar, Dining, Breakfast areas, Private Dining room, Beach Apartments, 6 one bedroom upper level, 6 ground level, Two Luxury beach front Double level one bedroom Apartments and 12 Beach Shacks. Some with spa units. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Diamond Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamond Island Hotel Bicheno
- Diamond Island Bicheno
- Diamond Island Resort Bicheno, Tasmania