Unlike other reviewers, I thought the rooms were fine and the value was excellent.
I'm not sure what other rooms are like, but we had a premier room (not the apartments) near the water and being upstairs, had an excellent view.
The rooms were better tha on our past trip and I thought the new onwers were very professional in their management.
I loved the walk across to the island when the tides were right and although we only had 1 night, we thoroughly enjoyed it.
If I had any quibble I think I would prefer to spend the extra money and do the penguin tour with the Parks people where do you got to see the penguins in the rookeries - I thought Robert did a great job and obviously has a passion for the penguins and the environment but most people want to see the penguins come out of the sea and walk towards the rookery, not just walk across the grass.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free Penguins viewing & Beach Resort, with large Conference area with Ocean beach views, Bar, Dining, Breakfast areas, Private Dining room, Beach Apartments, 6 one bedroom upper level, 6 ground level, Two Luxury beach front Double level one bedroom Apartments and 12 Beach Shacks. Some with spa units. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your Diamond Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamond Island Hotel Bicheno
- Diamond Island Bicheno
- Diamond Island Resort Bicheno, Tasmania