My partner and I were in bicheno for one night and admittedly had already booked into other accommodation as we drove up to the diamond island resort looking for some dinner. We noticed it's unique view of a beautiful island and thought it well worth a look. We had just barely got out of our van when a member of staff walked towards us with her arms folded saying tbe carpark was for guests only. We greeted her and asked about the restaurant which she said was full for the evening (it was 6pm on a Tuesday) We then asked if we could quickly look at the view and she said again it is for guests only.
She was snobby and rude and had obviously already made her judgement on a young couple driving a camper van and I very much doubt their restaurant was full at all. Glad we didn't spend any of our cash to pay her wages. Terrible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free Penguins viewing & Beach Resort, with large Conference area with Ocean beach views, Bar, Dining, Breakfast areas, Private Dining room, Beach Apartments, 6 one bedroom upper level, 6 ground level, Two Luxury beach front Double level one bedroom Apartments and 12 Beach Shacks. Some with spa units. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Ctrip TA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Diamond Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamond Island Hotel Bicheno
- Diamond Island Bicheno
- Diamond Island Resort Bicheno, Tasmania