“Value for money.”

and up
Tasmania Sightseeing Pass: See Tasmania Card
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Bicheno
More attraction details
Owner description: East Coast Natureworld is Tasmania's premier natural wildlife and Ecology park. Experience the freedom to roam and relax in 160 acres of parkland and lagoon, or get involved and hand feed some of the free ranging Kangaroos. Guaranteed viewing of Tasmanian Devils, Tasmanian Tigers (Snakes & cats of course), Quolls, Wombats, Cape barren Geese, Eagles, Owls, Bettongs, Pademelons, Cockatoos, Native & Exotic Parrots and much more. Check out the East Coast Heritage & Mining Display with an 1850's mine, while learning about coastal History. The Wildspot Gallery Cafe restaurant serves food all day and has a menu to suit all pallets. Animal Feeding and meet the keeper at 10am 12.30 And 3.30 Daily. Extensive Souvenir Shop featuring Tasmanian & Australian made Gifts.
Brisbane
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Value for money.”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

The only reason I didn't rate this place a 5 was it wasn't super slick. However, at $22 entry, this place was good value for money. The park has extensive grounds and plenty to see. Be prepared to walk, especially to see the ostrich and emus. The feeding times are worth attending. You can pat a wombat and a Tassie devil if you attend these feeding times. I visited on a dreary wet day with few visitors but this was a bonus in terms of attending the feeding times. I lunched at the cafe which had a good selection and good coffee.

1 Thank BrissyGirl00

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very surprised at how much I enjoyed the place”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I've lived in Australia my whole life, seen these animals before and thought we should stop in for a half hr as we were in the area and we'd be on our way. 3 hrs later we begrudgingly left only because we had a few more stops before hobart. Good walking trails, great to see animals in large open range area. I was serenaded by a beautiful cockatoo, patted a goat who I'm sure would have rolled over on his back and wagged his tail if he could and was shocked to hear what a peacock sounds like. The lady feeding and giving the talks was informative and interactive, even when I was the only person around. These animals are in good health, are curious of humans and are breeding well with baby birds and roos. If you love animals check this place out

1 Thank bhappytraveller
Darwin, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great day out.”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We found this a great place to visit. Our 2 year old was able to roam around freely on the large grassy areas. There is also a small playground to burn off some energy. He had a ball chasing the geese. Snakes, wombats, devils, some cockies, peacocks and lots more. The kangaroos are quite tame and eat out of your hands. We strolled around for about 3 hours making it reasonable value.

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Natureworld”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed our visit to Natureworld, a short drive from Swansea, just north of Bicheno. Kangaroos and peacocks roam freely - white peacocks too! You can lean in to the tiger snakes enclosures to take a look at them sunning themselves. No protective cover so watch your children don't decide to climb in for a better look! The Tasmanian Devils were a delight... so cute. Mind you their bite is 3 times stronger than a dog bite so don't try and pat them or even put your hand in. Worth the drive.

1 Thank Julie H
Singapore, Singapore
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Up close and personal”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

This is the first time that i come across a zoo with such 'OPEN' concepts!

The minutes we step out of the entrance, we see a group of kangaroos right in the open about few feet away from where we are standing.

Our tour guide choose a to bring us there prior feeding time, so the kangaroos are really friendly because they know we have food. A really smart kangaroo hop right over to us, and once we fed him, in less then one minute we are surrounded by at least twenties kangaroos.

After that we get to see the operator fed the Tasmania Devil and wombats, you can tell that they really love the animals.This place give me the kind of feeling that it is more like a sanctuary rather than a zoo, they take care of the wounded animals and let them out to wild again once they are ready.

The operator will explain to us some interesting facts of the animals such as the Devil is called Devil because of its cries.The other thing that amazed me is that the eagles can fly away and come back as and when they wanted.

I like this place a lot, the only disappointment when we visit was there was no Koala, perhaps they let it back to the wild, and we did not have enough time to roam through the whole place.

If you like animals, this is the place to be!

Visited October 2013