“Awful”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 22, 2013

When the food doesn't arrive in 1 hour and we had to talk away that quite sums up. Told the owner we gotta leave in 40 mins make sure the food comes by then and got his word. If he turned us away I wouldn't blame him but now me and my partner are advising if you want to dine here make sure you have the whole night waiting

1  Thank Christopher L

Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

We dropped into the Seahorse restaurant after walking past it a few times. The few times we walked pass it, it was mostly empty and we were hesitant to try it, but being Chinese ourselves, we were craving for some Chinese food and dropped in.

We ordered their peppered beef with rice, some sweet and sour pork and also their beef chow mein as well as a bowl of wanton soup. The soup we found to be too sweet but the other dishes were surprisingly good and better than some of the Chinese restaurants we have tried while traveling around Tasmania.

For this standard of Chinese food, I really feel that they should have more business than what they're doing now! I wish them all the best in their restaurant!

2  Thank Marvin H
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Party night out with my friends. Tried this new restaurant. A group of six including me ordered 5 main courses, a bottle of wine and 2 desserts with deep fried ice-cream and lychees ice cream. Yummy Yummy!! You'll surprise yourself with delicious food and outstanding service here in Seahorse! Thanks for making our gathering time even more memorable! Always long queue up during dinner time, that's y prior reservation is a must!

Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Keen to try this new Seahorse Restaurant. Well furnished with warm and welcoming environment. The food are all reasonably priced, around $12-$20 for the main and salads. Food was laid out and presented beautifully. Ordered a glass of wine, which was just priced at $6! Overall, the restaurant is good and the waiter there is very attentive. Definitely will ask my friends to come and have a try!

Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Recently dinned at the Seahorse with my family here. Amazed by the oysters and seafood basket! Tried king prawn, chow mein, laksa combination and cucumber salad as well. All dishes are cooked to perfection. I can only say the food is simple but tasty. I would say seahorse is a hidden gem in Bicheno and well worth a 5 star! It must be tried in Bicheno