“Really lovely”
Review of Gangsters Cafe - CLOSED

Gangsters Cafe
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We ate here 2 nights in a row! Really appreciated the friendly service and quality, healthy food. The beetroot risotto was unusual and delicious and the local scallops were amazing as was the salt n pepper squid. Nice atmosphere. Made our time in Bicheno even more special. Surprised it's not more popular as we really enjoyed Gangsters and felt welcome and very satisfied.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Was in Bicheno looking for lunch and after looking briefly around settled on Gangster's. Had the pulled pork and spicey fries with coleslaw. Was very tastey and thoroughly enjoyed. The staff were pleasant and helpful. My wife had the vegetarian burger with beetroot relish which she said was good but could just needed a little extra something to lift it. So overall a good experience and a reasonable price. Was surprised to read dissapointing reviews on trip advisor later as would most likely have cause me to miss this place which based on my experience would have been unfair.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

My wife, daughter and I went there for simple fish n chips and $42 later we were very disappointed. Forget about the promising menu at the front, the fish was not fresh at all, and the serving was so small that even our 5 year old daughter was still hungry afterwards. I should have read TripAdvisor first! I have never posted a review on TripAdvisor previously, but this experience was so horrible, that I felt obliged to warn other travellers not to make the same mistake.

1  Thank AK2799
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Had lunch here and was treated to the best freshly caught fish and chips. They were cooked to perfection, service was good and the staff very friendly. Would definitely recommend Gangsters for a quick luck.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

The outside menu looked promising, so we ventured in. Eventually someone came from out the back to grunt that the menu was hear, there and over there. Was concerned about the filthy floor, that obviously had not been swept since the day before. Whilst we don't mind ordering up at the counter and then picking up the meal once the buzzer goes off, we thought it would be a nice gesture if they delivered the plates to our table, given that there wasn't a single other person in the cafe. We also thought that charging $5.50 for a small cup of milkshake (no icecream!) was a bit rich. The burgers themselves were fine, not great. Pretty light on with salad in the soft burger bun. I was hungry as soon as we left! should have read the reviews before opening the front door.......