“Loved it!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bicheno Penguin Tours

Bicheno Penguin Tours
Ranked #3 of 13 things to do in Bicheno
More attraction details
Owner description: Guided tour to see little penguins come ashore on the beach each evening.
wise_rita
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

I thought we would stand on the beach, watch the penguins walk up and call it a night. But it was so much more than that! We learned a lot about them from our very knowledgeable guide.

The penguins were so adorable! I lost count of how many we saw, and we saw them in various different settings as well.

For $25 a head I think this tour is a real deal. It was my favorite activity in Tasmania!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Adelaide, Australia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Magical wildlife experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

This was totally magical - so much more special than visiting a zoo of sealife centre. Loved it! Only saw about ten penguins (believe most tours see many more- hundreds in summer) but it
Didn't matter - those we saw were so close up.
One came within a few centimeters of my feet - so so cute.

Sydney, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“One of our favorite parts of Tasmania!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

It was a REALLY cold night when we went on the Bicheno Penguin tour, but we layered up as much as possible and were OK for the hour. Our guide was really knowledgeable and funny, and we did get to see about 20 penguins, spread across a few vantage points. I emailed them a couple days later and asked for the penguin pictures they said they'd provide, and they emailed me back almost immediately.

The only disappointment was that it was very windy, so it was difficult to hear everything the guide said and we missed a few things. But I would absolutely do this tour again and recommend it!

1 Thank Syd_ChrisLeigh
Hobart
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Cute penguins but a rushed tour”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

We went as a group of 2 adults and 5 kids 3-12. We all loved going out at night and certainly saw quite a few penguins which were incredibly cute. Only disappointment was that our guide was quite knowledgeable about the site but many questions from the group about penguins were answered with "I'm not sure" which was disappointing. As we were in the first group we needed to return to the bus just as a group of penguins came up the rocks (as the bus returns to pick up the next group I presume) Would have liked another 10 minutes. Overall worth doing though!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Annierat
London, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great interesting tour, saw many penguins in winter!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

We went at the end of June and saw plenty of penguins at several locations. I imagine it is much less than in summer but I had expected only to see 3 or 4 if we were lucky! Only downside is that it is perhaps not the best value at $25 just to be shown around where they come ashore.

Visited June 2013