“great staff”

Kangaroo Island Seaside Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Kingscote
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Easy hotel in a perfect position for beach access, a short stroll to the town of Kingscote, is peaceful and quiet and I enjoy waking to the sound of birds, but what really set it apart was the excellent staff and managers - local people willing and interested in answering all my queries about the Island and caring that I had a great stay....thanks

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank traveller802
Alexander S, Owner at Kangaroo Island Seaside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Its fantastic that you took the time to post your positive comments. Kangaroo Island is a special place to visit and it's our job to make sure peoples' stay is complete. We are glad you had a great time and hopefully we see you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Kangaroo Island Seaside Inn

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Large well appointed rooms with views of the ocean. Comfy beds and restaurant has great selection of well cooked meals. Wine selection consists of a lot of local KI wines. A 15min walk to township of Kingscote which has a supermarket. Wld like to suggest an extra mirror be placed somewhere outside the bathroom. Wld definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank aussiewendylou
Alexander S, Owner at Kangaroo Island Seaside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Thanks for your great review. We appreciate you taking the time to give us the feedback. As you said we are a family run business that prides ourselves on our spacious rooms with great ocean views, a comfy bed and a fine restaurant. We are in the process of getting mirrors installed on the inside of all the cupboards so this should be done by next time you stay. Hopefully we see you soon!
Alex & Chris

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Outstanding service, spacious and clean rooms, great location (near a beautiful little beach), and friendly staff....my stay here has been great. I arrived, and I was already registered with an assigned room. It took less than 5 min. The room was equipped with everything I needed for a stay on Kangaroo Island, to include an island travel guide and a food and wine guide. It is perfectly situated for travel on the island...I planned my sightseeing from the opposite end and worked my way back toward the hotel...perfect. I came back too late to book a dinner at the restaurant, but it was crowded and everyone looked happy, so I am sure it was delish. The menu has a little for everyone...they even serve Wallaby and Kangaroo! I wanted to try the Kangaroo, but I will next time...and I will definitely come back to this hotel when my boyfriend I visit. I have traveled all over the world, and I have learned that the advice of other travelers is usually the best advice to take on when exploring a new country...I got the best advice to come here. You will thoroughly enjoy this lovely inn. Great travels!

Room Tip: All of the rooms seem to face the sea, but I could be wrong...the downstairs rooms have a little ter...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Chrystel D
Alexander S, Owner at Kangaroo Island Seaside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Hi Chrystel,
It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your travels around our beautiful island. We look forward to you visiting again with your boyfriend and make sure you get to try our restaurant as the food is delish! The night you couldn't get in was our 'Friday Steak Night' which is very popular with the locals as well as visitors. If you book again give us a call or use our website as that is where you will get the best rates available.
Cheers

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Had a 1 night stay in a corner executive spa room. View and balcony were really good, very nice to sit, relax and soak in the view. Room was clean and comfy. Place is in need of some maintenance, just little stuff that makes a big difference, especially in the bathroom. While it does need some money spent on it, it is still a good mid range motel, parking is good, location is good. Unfortunately housekeeping opened the door without knocking and walked in early in the morning while we were in bed which was a surprise for all concerned and she was very apologetic. Overall a good stay for the money.

Room Tip: Upstairs balcony rooms have better views.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Hey, Glad you enjoyed your stay!
We are an older style inn but we make up for it, as you said, with our great location and modern facilities like free wifi.
Sorry about the misunderstanding on our part with the housemaids. This was an operational problem and have addressed the issue so that it will not happen again.
Hopefully we see you again some time soon!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed at the Seaside Inn for 3 nights and I must say my earlier worries of having a barely comfortable stay were entirely dismissed by the first night. Chris and Alex, the father-and-son team, are really hospitable hosts who made us feel extremely at home, always ensuring our needs were met and our daily pick-up times were right. Our breakfast and dinner were included too, and their 3-course dinners were always delicious!

A 3-star inn with first-class service and 5-star comfort! Very great value for money =)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Thanks very much for the positive feedback. Both Chris and I thoroughly enjoyed meeting you and having you stay with us. Kangaroo Island is such a brilliant place and has so much to see that we take great care in ensuring our guests have a trouble free stay. It is all part of our personalised service.
regards,
Alex
PS Hopefully one day you get the chance to return!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Our travel agent wanted to book us into Southern Ocean Lode- we are not spa people, we prefer activities, such as nature photography, to laying around and being pampered. So we picked the Seaside Inn due to its location, and boy am I pleased that we did. I firmly believe that the service we saw from Alex and Chris, the father and son owners, at this wonderful Inn was probably on par to what we would have seen at Southern Ocean for 20x the fee. Who would expect that the owners would not only arrange for your dinners, but would also drive you to and pick you up from dinner? Fabulous location- on outskirts of town, but just 5 minute walk- and right on beach with wonderful vista. The comments that the decor is a little bit dated- come on- the rooms are very comfortable, large enough, well-maintained, and exceptionally clean. Are you going to Kangaroo Island to lay around your room or to get out there and see nature and the islands' other wonders? If the latter, this is a perfect base camp for you- kudos to Alex and Chris. If I get back, I will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank braineye

Thanks so much guys, those comments are very kind. Its great for us when our efforts have helped you have such a wonderful stay. We think you are right, the island is about getting out there and experiencing its natural wonders. We do aim for 5 star service and hopefully one day we can welcome back Larry and Judy.
Thanks again and it was a pleasure to meet you both,
Alex and Chris.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay. Staff were very welcoming and catered to all our requests. Room was more than large enough for our family of three, the beds were comfortable, spa bath an added extra and the meals were first class! What we loved were the views over the Yacht Club and Nepean Bay.

Room Tip: Room 19 or 20
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Cheers BecG,
Glad you and your family had a good stay on Kangaroo Island at our little inn. Thank you for your complimentary review and hopefully one day you might be able to return to our wonderful island paradise.
Alex and Chris

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingscote
Mercure Kangaroo Island Lodge
Kangaroo Island Seafront
#1 of 1 in Penneshaw
Kangaroo Island Acacia Apartments
Kangaroo Island Seaview Motel

Been to Kangaroo Island Seaside Inn? Share your experiences!