“almost family friendly i would go back”

Kangaroo Island Seaside Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Kingscote
port macquarie
“almost family friendly i would go back”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

kangaroo island seems expensive off eason, they offer package deals but I'm not sure if just the high ferry price sets the pace for everything. We picked on price and a twin room . Its an older style motel with young enthusiastic friendly managment. The dinner we were warned had a large group booking.. would it to come a bit later or earlier . They had three local resident birthday parties. We had a good kangaroo dish and a rack of lamb done fine no problems. didn't ge tot try their sweets as we recieved some home made cake from one of the birthday parties. everyone was happy and laughing. I asked why they didn't have more local seafood on the menu and Alex the manager, waiter, receptionist.. said that the price would be too high for his mainly local patrons. the house wine was strongly wooded shiraz with a strong pumb nose. It was free with the room voucher. I would just like to support a new young player trying hard and working well to elicit feedback and act on it.

Room Tip: they are just motel rooms ts a place to stay honest value
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, Manager at Kangaroo Island Seaside Inn, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Hi Charles and Mel,

Thanks for the review and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at The Seaside Inn. That was some great feedback and I hope we will see you if or when you decide to visit Kangaroo Island again.

Thanks again,

Alex

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Brisbane
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I spent three nights in late April. The central location at Kingscote is ideal for exploring the island because it makes it easy to travel to all parts of the island. The owner, Chris, was extremely helpful with suggestions of places to visit and travel times, and the staff were friendly and helpful. My room was neat, clean and had wonderful views of the bay across the road. The restaurant served well cooked and presented food. There was pelnty of parking and a hose available to wash some of the Kangaroo Island dust off the car. Overall, I enjoyed my stay at the motel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Cinnaminson, New Jersey
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I stayed here in early April for one night with my 11 year old daughter. It was a decent room, with a nice view of the ocean across the street. The things that surprised me the most was that there was no phone in the room. We were travelling from the US, and our cell phone surprisingly had absolutely no service in Australia, so we were isolated. We had internet taht you had to pay for...but the internet service was very, very spotty. We had long breakfast in the restaurant, just so we could get a decent signal.

The one thing that surprised me...when I woke up the next morning, I realized that there were no towels in the room so I couldn't shower. Since there was no phone in the room, I had to walk to the front office and then go into the laundry room to "call" the front desk. When I called, (it must have been the son), said, "Are you sure that there are no towels in the room. They would've been on the bed." ... He wanted me to go back to my room and double-check, which I did, and re-confirmed that there were no towels. But I thought that it was unusual. Why would someone lie about that? If I'm the customer, and just walked to the laundry room to ask for towels, why wouldn't you have someone bring them to the room, instead of having your customer go back to double-check. Odd. Not a deal-breaker, just not what I've ever experienced before from hotels.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Australia
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We spent 4 nights here. The location is excellent just across the road from the beach with great views of the ocean. We were very well looked after by the owner and his son, and we found them both very friendly. We ate in the restaurant on two occasions, the food was good and they were happy for us to bring our computers into the restaurant whenever it was open so that we could use their Wifi for free rather than having to purchase an internet package.

Room Tip: The two rooms closest to the office also have access to free Wifi if you sit outside in the garden...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed December 15, 2011

Room was clean and comfortable. The hosts (Chris and Alex (father & son) were very helpful and friendly. Most of all, LOVE the overlooking view of the Napea Bay. Very close to town of Kingscote (10 minutes walk). You can even take the scenic walk/path from town to the hotel and watched the beautiful sunset ..
Good size room for a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children).

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Mieza
Ventura, California
Reviewed September 30, 2011

Our inn host, Chris, was great. The hotel was very nice, with tasteful room décor and nice towels. We had an ocean view from our balcony. A tasty cooked breakfast was included in our package, prepped by Chris, with some ingredients coming from the kitchen garden. There is free WiFi in the dining room.

Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Noodlie066
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Room was clean and comfortable. Staff were very friendly and accommodating.

Our expectations were met for a one night stop over to see the penguins before moving across the Island.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank newts057
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingscote
Kangaroo Island Wilderness Retreat
Kangaroo Island Seaview Motel
Sea Dragon Lodge
Sea Dragon Lodge
#1 of 2 in Willoughby

Been to Kangaroo Island Seaside Inn? Share your experiences!