“A taste of mexico on an island far away”
Review of Yellow Ash and Chili - CLOSED

Yellow Ash and Chili
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 20, 2013

First off I am a nana and I like clean more than taste. This place is clean. The toilets are neat as a pin, though oh-so-simple, and spotless. I assume spotless in toilet is spotless with food, at least I have faith it is, and the bonus is, this place has fantastic food. My daughter is the Mexican food guru not me. I just loved it: she raves about it. She is also vegan so anyone vegan will find this restaurant to their liking. I am not vegan and it suited me too. Delicious and we return on every trip to KI. Don't miss it.

1  Thank AnneAH

Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

As an ex-Californian now living in Australia I'm happy to say this restaurant serves perhaps the best Mexican food in SA. Yes, the service can get slow if it's busy but it's well worth the wait! If you're looking for something a bit different with a relaxed, enjoyable, holiday atmosphere this is the place to go. Thoroughly enjoyed our dinner and will be back for breakfast burritos tomorrow morning!!!

1  Thank Jennib86
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Went here before my flight back to the mainland. Opens at 11am, but kitchen didn't open until 11.30.

Ordered the quesadilla which was absolutely delicious, but beware the hot sauce - it has got quite a kick!

Delightful staff (young female, and older female).

A great find, and a must if in Kingscote.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Excellent food with local ingredients where possible. Good service and atmosphere also. Very reasonable prices especially given the high quality of the food - definitely recommend the nachos!

2  Thank Georgia F
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Had nice burritos for dinner. In our opinion also good value for price. No problem to order side dish from menu as an entree. Try the tortilla chips. They are freshly made and really good.

2  Thank Denzihl