Aurora Ozone
Ranked #10 of 21 Restaurants in Kingscote
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: It's the restaurant of the aurora ozone hotel but you can eat there even if you are not staying at the hotel.
Reviewed October 23, 2013

My wife and I had dinner at the Aurora Ozone without first browsing the menu. We stopped in at this place because we were extremely hungry, hadn't eaten all day, and honestly couldn't find any other restaurants that were open. I was pretty shocked when I saw the prices given the overall ambiance but again, we were really hungry and didn't have any alternatives. I got the fish and chips, which was ok, but was about 2X what I think it was worth. My wife got a scallop dish that was not actively bad, but also not terribly impressive, particularly given the price. We also got a garlic bread appetizer that was $6.50 for 2 pieces of bread. The side of the dining area with water views looked pretty nice, but we were seated on the inland side by the bar, which had a pretty stale atmosphere. We spent the prior week in Adelaide, which was full of excellent restaurants. Sadly, we could have gotten the most expensive dish at any of those places for what we ended up spending here.

1  Thank John L

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Lunch before coming home was terrific... the Hotel is so clean and the food sensational. If you need a casual lunch or a lovely dinner... this is the place to go definitely

Reviewed October 16, 2013

a great location with good food and veiws however the staff were not helpful it was lunchtime we we told to sit anywhere and 20 mins later just before food arrived we were told we were in the wrong seats the table had been made up for the evening and we must move no please sorry or here is a table i have sorted for tyou just go and find another seat this spoilt a good meal and if i go back to Kangaroo Island i will not be going there the waitress said ( when asked why there was no reserved sign on the table) i have only been here three days and think i am doing ok

Reviewed October 10, 2013

The food was well cooked and seasoned but the menu a little on the disappointing side not reflecting local foods as well as you might expect. The price was well above the price you would expect for bistro (no table service), not restaurant dining. The staff were curt and whilst not unpleasant as such made us feel as though we were spoiling her day. The view from the dining area was excellent.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We went here for dinner with the family one night, and the food was lovely, generous in size and reasonably priced. Our waitress was very personable, and even though you could see they were extremely busy, she stopped to chat with us about the island and her travels. The slow service was I think due to their being so busy the night we visited.