Aurora Ozone
Ranked #10 of 21 Restaurants in Kingscote
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: It's the restaurant of the aurora ozone hotel but you can eat there even if you are not staying at the hotel.
Reviewed October 27, 2012

At a table overlooking the water we enjoyed a quality meal with friendly service. Perhaps our only complaint was that the table next to us was occupied by 4 rather vociferous men but that is hardly the fault of the establishment.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is the only place in town to get a feed after about 8pm - lovely view, nice atmosphere and great food! The rooms are confortable and modern! Well recommended!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Fairly bland menu, nothing exciting and could not understand the hard boiled egg that had been fried accompanying some of the dishes.
Need to get a bit more adventurous with their flavours and highlight some of the regional produce. Wine list was good.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I first ate in the Ozone in 1994, back when one night of the week was schnitzel night and much of KI would come in for their $5 schnitty. It went upmarket at some point. I had been hearing pretty toxic things about it from the locals, some of whom are annoyed that the new owners (a chain called Aurora) weren't hiring local people and had set the prices with cashed-up overseas tourists in mind. Thus I went in expecting to not be impressed but, alas, I had a mushroom risotto that was a big bomb of tastiness. If I were in a restaurant in the Veneto and some nonna served this up to me I would think, "Good day on Planet Earth". My colleagues who had arrived earlier had a whinge about some slow service but it was fine while I was there. We had a couple of excellent KI reds (if on the Island, support the local wineries and you will not be disappointed. The bottles have often been aged a couple of years more than those from the mainland). My review is based on that delicicious risotto but the four colleagues I was with all enjoyed their meals, too. I was not really missing the schnitty of old - cheap and cheerful as it was.

1  Thank MisterForbes
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We had dinner there tonight and it was wonderful!
There are not a lot of places to eat in Kingscote so this restaurant really stands out!
Service was excellent!
I had the seared tuna and my husband had the kangaroo and
Would go back for another meal in a flash!