Southern Ocean Lodge
$95
$66
Kangaroo Island Seaside Inn(Kingscote)(Great Value!)
$93
$88
Agoda.com
$76
$71
Agoda.com
  • Free Internet
Kangaroo Island Acacia Apartments(Kingscote)(Great Value!)
$131
Mercure Kangaroo Island Lodge(American River)(Great Value!)
$96
$75
Hotels.com
$129
$91
Priceline
Links Lady Bay Resort(Normanville)(Great Value!)
$130
$126
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
Casuarina Coastal Units(American River)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsgreat roomwine cellarthe cliffsea lionsincluded toursremarkable suitefood and wineevery mealkangaroo islandevery aspectbucket listhigh expectationsfloor to ceiling windowsstunning locationclassic menuother guestsremarkable rocks
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Stayed at Southern Ocean Lodge for our 40th wedding anniversary.
It was expensive but this was a special event.
It was really good. Very relaxed enviroment, was concerned the staff would be all over you and would be hard to relax.
It was just lay back and you treated the place as if it was your home, help yourself to a drink or just relax in a chair either in your own room or the lounge and take in the breathtaking views.
Tours to see some of the sights are already organised and you have the option of doing these or do your own thing.
The staff are there if needed but are not in your face. They are friendly and nothing is too much trouble.
The food was great and a nice amount so you could eat all the courses.

Room Tip: All rooms have a great view and are well appointed
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We stayed 6 nights at this beautiful lodge and had the most relaxing break halfway through our 7 week visit to Australia. All of the team, from Alison and John who manage the lodge to all the staff in the restaurant and kitchen and the cleaning staff, were the friendliest and most professional that we have met anywhere in the world. The isolated location of the lodge, and the views from it, are superb. We enjoyed the nature walks with Alistair and we especially enjoyed the 12km hike to Hansen Bay that we did on our own. There is a quiet, friendly ambience and we got to meet many guests from Europe, the USA and Australia. Most people seem to stay only 2-3 days but we are glad we stayed longer to truly appreciate this exquisite piece of paradise! Thank you Alison and John.

Room Tip: The rooms further down to the east are perhaps more private, but the walk up the corridor to the common areas might be a challenge for the less fit!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We visited KI, SOL on our first trip to Australia this past month. As soon as you walk in the door you are wowed my the most spectacular view. The staff was fabulous and service and food were fabulous. We were a party of 6, and I don't think any of us could think of anything we would change about the resort! What fabulous memories!

Room Tip: All of the rooms have a great view--I don't think you can go wrong.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 11, 2013

If you love beautiful landscapes and wildlife (saw kangaroos, koalas, possums, snake, many birds, sea lions) and want an all-inclusive resort that delivers a 6-star experience plan a trip to Kangaroo Island and stay at Southern Ocean. The experience exceeded my expectations. The service, food (all meals included, open bar), rooms, spa treatments, as well as range and quality of signature and bespoke experiences, make this lodge a wonderful choice. You won't be bored if you want to fill your time with activities as I did (2 hikes, 2 nocturnal tours, quad bikes, seal beach, massages) or if you prefer to relax with wine the views of the ocean (saw a pod of dolphins) and the stars are incredible.
I only had one disappointing experience and it was a related to the guide who forgot that when you're in a client service business it needs to be all about the client. I tried quad biking (bespoke experience-extra $) and while I'm glad I tried it, I felt uncomfortable riding on the dirt track. Unfortunately the experiences director had no patience for a guest like me. He rode well ahead of me which I felt was quite rude and he put unnecessary pressure on me to drive faster.
With the exception of this one negative experience, I had an exceptional stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank solojctravel
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Get to this resort NOW! No amount of adjectives can describe how awesome our stay was! The Baillie group are the team behind this unbelievable lodge! We were lucky enough to have assistant manager Helen overseeing our stay and her personable manner only added to the exceptional service shown by all the team. The food was the very best we have eaten anywhere.The most romantic, laidback, but incredibly luxurious stay we,ve experienced.
As a sideline we are extremely proud that this group are lifting the benchmark for luxury stays in Australia. Their attention to detail in regards to architecture,embracing wild and sustainable foods, local and imported beverages is ahead of their time! Oh did i mention the spa......

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple