Tripadvisor
Ceduna
Post
Inbox
Search
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 30, 2019 via mobile

We stopped in for a night and were pleasantly surprised. New owners have taken over a few weeks ago and it shows. The rooms are getting upgraded with new 50” flat screen TVs and fresh linen.
The place is looking great with a large blue pool for guests use.
Stayed in 44 and found it very comfortable. The price was very reasonable for such a large room.
We will be back.

Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed June 19, 2019

Firstly, it was good that the Motel upgraded me to a queen suite.But, the room had no toaster, nor a microwave (ok, I can settle with no microwave you say) and the kettle was leaking into a pool of water.The hot water didn't work straight away.When I went to report this, I was met with an intercom system. Waiting out in the cold and being given instructions through a speaker."Let the water run for ten minutes" Ok, in a country with drought! sure thing. The linen was not good and overall, the stay was not comfortable after an 8 hour drive from Adelaide.The internet gave me a speed of 0.40 m per second ( really really slow) next time, I'll drive past Ceduna.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

My husband was born and spend the first 48 years of his life in Ceduna before moving to the city were we met. All of trips back we have stayed at families but this trip the family was celebrating a major milestone with family coming from all over Australia and we chose to stay at a motel. My husband chose this as said it was the best and had a great reputation. Wrong might have been but no longer.
Pros
Bed firm and comfortable
Sheets and pillowcases white no yellowing or stains
Lrg towels white no stains one facewasher did have slight wear marks just starting to tear.
Soft blanket with another in the wardrobe.
Extra pillows in the wardrobe
Laundry room on site.

Cons
When we first arrived and got the key dumped our bags in room had a quick freshen up after driving for 8 hrs,so went over to hand basin which is an alcove in the room. Turned the light on to give our faces a quick wash before heading out to see family. Turned the light on over the sink to find a very water splattered mirror and cobwebs coming from the pelment over the light right down halway of the mirror.
Coming back to the room later that night decided to have a shower. Glad my husband is tall as the window in the bathroom was fully opened and I am to short to reach it.
Counted 4 cobwebs in bathroom
Show head leaked.
Light bulb must have been changed at some time but the light cover not refitted, found it on top of the cupboard in main room.
Old carpet that showed wear and tear as well as stains.
Restaurant not opened at all for the 4 days we where there
Cobwebs in the main room as well gave up on counting them.
Had a wall mounted fan as well as an a/c but the dust on the fan was extremely thick
Provided a toaster kettle iron and microwave. Couldn't use microwave or toaster as no plates bowls or cutlery providered besides two teaspoons.
Never replenished tea coffee etc.
One of the bedside lights wasn't working
Pulling back the block out curtain the first morning found out why my asthma was playing up. Cobwebs yet again and dust about 2cms thick on all the glass panels.
Besides getting the key never saw the caretaker / manager the whole 4 days.

Both myself and husband have worked in this industry and similar ones and on our last night there where talking about how easy it would be to modernize it without spending a huge amount of money to bring it back to its former glory. The owners really do need to look into it. It's a job we would love to take on

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2019 via mobile

We were disappointed with our overnight stay in this motel. Although the room was clean and functional, the motel is very old and the office was not staffed the whole time we were there. Further, even though it was a weekend, there appeared to be only one or two other guests that night - raising concerns for safety and security. Would not recommend this motel.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 25, 2018

Travelling through Ceduna I decided to stay for the night.
The motel is quiet and the room quite spacious.
The manager/owner is very helpful and knowledgeable on the local area.
Full sealed surface from the entrance through to the exit.
Will stay again.