“A disappointing experience”

Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Warwick
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
“A disappointing experience”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I have been a loyal, regular customer of the Coachmans Inn over the past 12 months. I have shared my positive views with others but that goodwill is well and truly gone after my latest experience on April 18th, 2013. When I was staying overnight on Thursday the 21st i had a very bad night sleep due to a cricket sharing the room for the night. Imagine the sound of a cricket in your room in the middle of the night where there is very little other noise...it kept me awake half the night and on a couple of occasions i got up to find it but they are fairly invisible unfortunately. when I was checking out in the morning, I let the receptionist know and I was under the impression something would be done about it.

When I arrived for a stopover this week April 17th, I checked in and noticed I was being given a key for room 6. I asked if I could have another room and explained why and the guy said peole have stayed in that room in the past 4 wekes and no one complained about a cricket, so assured me there was no cricket. That night, it was like deja vu as I was sharing the same room with a loud bloody cricket.

I raised this with Peter the manager and he said he would check it out if there was a cricket. i said take my word there is one and you will struggle to find it as I couldn't. i mentioned the above contect to Peter and my experience the last time I stayed and asked if he would charge me for the room last night. He said he absolutely would. i said even though I have had the past 2 experiences and even asked for a different room the day before. He was adamant he would charge me and did not take my word about the cricket.

this narrow-minded attitude has lost me as a customer. for $125, he is prepared to lose the loyalty and future nights plus breakfasts plus the cost of eating in the restaurant when I stay there on a monthly basis.

I am bitterly disappointed in the managers attitude towards me. i have enjoyed staying there except when the cricket is sharing the room. I will also miss the great meals served in the restaurant.

i am now on the lookout for a suitable replacement...

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Jason921
KarenandPaul77, Owner at Coachman's Inn Warwick, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
We are disappointed you experienced a less than favourable stay at our property. Our staff should have insisted you stay in another room and re-allocated accordingly. This has been discussed at our weekly management meeting.

As you say, it appears that this cricket is very illusive. The room in question has been consistently occupied in between and after your stay without problem.

You are certainly a VIP to us and we would like the opportunity to have you stay with us again. Should you wish to contact us and speak to me personally I would be happy to receive your call. In the event that this is not possible we wish you the very best.

Karen Bradshaw
Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This place is nice, and good enough for an overnight stay. Keep in mind it's on a busy road that at night has lots of road transport travelling along the Cunningham / New England Hwy's meaning that if you are a light sleeper you will struggle.

Service on arrival was interesting. We rang up a few hours out of Warwick to book a nights accomodation for a few rooms and the gentleman was excellent. When we arrived the gentleman on the front counter was a little stale and less warm in welcoming us to the place.

If you choose to stay in apartments, these are situated off premise (across the road)

Room Tip: Get one away from the main highway
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
KarenandPaul77, Owner at Coachman's Inn Warwick, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our motel. All constructive criticism is taken on board and discussed at our weekly staff meeting and with our onsite managers. We continue to work on our customer service at all times and thank you for your feedback.
Yes, our 2 bedroom self contained apartments are directly across the road from our motel units. All services including the swimming pool, restaurant, bar, wifi and guest laundry are at there for your use.
We have constructed the motel units and apartments in conjunction with acoustic engineers in order to achieve the best sound rating possible based on the highway traffic and adjoining rooms. The sound rating of these rooms is by far the most up to date within our region and the best possible for a 4 star motel.

Thank you again for taking the time. We hope you will consider staying and dining with us next time you come through town.

Regards
Karen
Owner
Coffs Harbour, Australia
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We chose the Coachman's Inn for our overnight stay in Warwick for two reasons - it had won an award as the Best 4 Star Motel in Australia and it had a restaurant open on Sunday night. In our view the room certainly lived up to its award-winning status - it was large, very comfortable bed, great bathroom. We had booked for dinner in the restaurant although we were the only people there for the first half hour until one other couple joined us. The food was OK but way overpriced. This is a motel restaurant in a country town not five-star dining, yet the prices were top-end and certainly not justified for the food presented. The service was slow and the waiter seemed to forget he had customers given there were only four of us. We would probably stay here again for the good room facilities but would not dine again in the restaurant.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Glen Innes NSW
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Snagged one of the last rooms on a busy night (Valentine's Day). Room provided was away from the highway, but still could hear trucks through the night - noise not overbearing though. Room was larger than average with good quality fittings. Very large bathroom. Room could obviously be configured as a twin share, so the "King" sized bed was actually two singles pushed together; still fairly comfortable but you were aware of the join. Only other minor gripe was the lack of a window in the room - small sealed one in the bathroom, but I prefer to have fresh air and natural light rather than running the air-con. Had room service meal as restaurant was booked out. Obviously styled as a higher end restaurant, meals were better than average, if a little on the expensive side. A fair walk from motel to the CBD if looking for other dining/drinking options but location suited my purpose just fine.

Room Tip: Ground floor and away from the highway if possible
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and I have just spent last Saturday night at the Coachmans Inn Warwick, Qld with our son and his girfriend. We chose the dual key room which represented excellent value for four people. We had seperate rooms and bathrooms. One room is larger with a very comfortable king size bed, the other with a queen and a single bed.
Both are spacious and well equipped with flat screen tv, wireless internet (included), well stocked refrigerator, tea and coffee making facilities. Bathrooms are large and clean with great towels. The large shower is good
Check and in was speedy and staff were friendly and always have note of your previous visits. A nice touch is the small bottle of milk for your cup of tea/coffee.
They do have a restaurant and the menu looks excellent however this visit other plans had been made for us.
I look forward to my return and will make a point of dining at the restaurant.
I would certainly recommend this Motel on you next Warwick visit

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Singleton, Australia
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Recently got stuck in Warwick due to flooding, and we were lucky enough to snag the last room at the Coachman's Inn. The people there were super nice and helpful even thought it was very busy. The room was great! Very spacious, modern and clean. The shower was huge and the bed was very comfy.

Only problem was its a little far out of town, about a 1/2 hour walk to Main Street with all restaurants etc

Didn't try the restaurant but it seems a bit fancier and higher end.

• Stayed January 2013
Tamworth, Australia
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Has everything you want when travelling: friendly staff, quite, clean and comfortable rooms. Also has a restaurant so don't have to go anywhere. Will stay again. One of the better motels in Warwick. ..........................................

• Stayed January 2013