“Great food and service”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Gorgeous food and great service with a good menu choice. Very enjoyable and worth a visit.

Reviewed July 30, 2011

This restaurant is a nice restaurant and I would recommend this restaurant to others who fancy Thai food. My family enjoyed the outing here and had a lovely time. The food are all within the normal expectations for Thai food, and unfortunately the prices are higher than what we'd pay for similar dishes, so this lowers the experience rating down to 'average'. Other restaurants in the area have some fairly impressive dishes and I feel Bangkok Rose could try to match the competition with some unique dishes of their own to surprise the diners. Having said that, the food was good quality, and well made with the presentation was well thought out. The wine list was good and the restaurant was able to cope with a large influx of diners while we were eating so it is a good restaurant overall. My only view is that I would recommend a unique dish or two to surprise us, and perhaps we wouldn't mind paying for the the higher prices (which is probably because its a tourist destination).

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Last time I had Thai food I swore I would never eat it again even if I was in Thailand but staying in Trinity Beach we were running out of options. The restaurant itself looked very inviting, not your traditional suburban Thai but with a more beachy feel. Lots of white washed wood work, a few tasteful Thai style pictures on the walls and a lovely verandah over looking the beach.
Not liking the flavours of Thai food very much, the sweet, sour and bitter just don't do it for me, I avoided the more traditional Thai options and ordered a Thai Seafood Salad. Fresh mussels, plump large prawns, and scallops were scattered through a salad of fresh greens, cucumber and carrot. The dreaded Thai flavours were all there in the dressing but were nicely balanced and did not leave that decidedly sharp tang on our tongue that dodgy Thai often leaves. The meal was large and beautifully presented leaving only a little room for the wonderfully flaky and piping hot roti bread I had ordered.
Great food, smiling service and a nice ambiance made this Thai avoider a bit more game to give it another go. Now I just need to find another good Thai at home.

Reviewed June 26, 2011

We live in Trinity Beach and regularly (weekly) go to Bangkok Rose. From the first visit (with the new owners) to the last we are made welcome, the food is fresh with great flavors and what about the view over the Coral Sea whilst having lunch or dining?

Reviewed April 25, 2011

I called and left a message on the answering machine to get a reservation for 7pm. It asked for your name and number so u would assume they would call back to confirm they had availability but they did not bother so i had to call again to check. When we arrived we had a table towards the back near the kitchen whereas there was plenty of space on the veranda so we moved out there so we could hear the ocean. The menu was layed out nicely with lots of options and our order was finally taken about 20mins after we arrived. We ordered mixed entree, a thai rice, beef mussaman curry and pepper garlic prawns. The entree took about 20 mins to come out which we did not mind but it then took an hour for the next course to come out. The massamun curry was quite tasty however the thai rice was very bland and the pepper garlic prawns was inedible as it was ridicuously salty. We mentioned this to the waiter (a male) and his reply was 'oh' and nothing more before he turned and wakled away. We finished what we could of the meal which may have taken 25mins max and then waited a further 20mins for the plates to be cleared. We asked for the bill and when it came we were horrified to see we were still charged for our inedible dish - total bill about $94. We did not argue the fact that we should not have to pay for a dish we could not eat because it should be common sense that it should have either been free or heavily discounted as we only ate 2 prawns before it became to much. I will never eat here again, dispite the 2 dishes that were good because of the total lack of customer service and the 2 ruined meals.