“Pleasant, relaxed outdoor setting, good food and generous serves”

L'Unico Trattoria Seafood Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Description: L’Unico Trattoria started life as a small BYO in 1994. Set in an Idyllic location on the waterfront at Trinity Beach about 20km north of Cairns, the word soon spread, and L’Unico quickly became a regular dining spot for tourists and locals alike.In 1997, after three years at Trinity Beach we moved just 400 metres further along the beachfront to take advantage of even better ocean views and new, larger premises complete with wood-fired pizza oven and cocktail bar.
Australia
“Pleasant, relaxed outdoor setting, good food and generous serves”
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

The outdoor verandah seating has a great 'Queenslander' feel. The food is generous in serving size and the menu offers a diverse selection of italian favourites. There were three of us for lunch and we ordered Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni, Garlic Prawns and Mussels in a tomato/chilli sauce. We each also ordered salads - Caesar; Pear,Parmesan and Rocket. All were fresh and served withy good dressings. Definitely worth a visit for a relaxed lunch.

Visited August 2014

• Hungarian first
“Bellisimo!”
Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I celebrated his birthday tonight at this restaurant and we are extremely impressed! We had a romantic table for two overlooking the esplanade (booked earlier today). I had the chicken dish of the day with a side Mediterranean salad and my partner had the steak with a side dish of green vegetables.
The food was flawless and our waitress was extremely attentive. A wonderful evening had by us. Compliments to the chef and kitchen staff and
Management.
Keep up the good work!

Alderley edge
“Beachside location”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We celebrated our eldest daughters 11th birthday here this evening. The location is perfect and although a taste windy sitting outside it was wasn't cold & we had a great view of the beach. The service was good. The food was lovely and plentiful. A very enjoyable evening.

• Visited August 2014
Wollongong, Australia
“Fantastic customer service”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

We visited this restaurant on our first night in Trinity and arrived at the peak hour when it was very busy. We were told that we would need to wait 15 minutes or so and we had a drink at the bar. Although it took a little longer than 15 minutes, we had no complaints, unlike some others who have reviewed here, as the ambience and outlook were pleasant.

When we sat, I ordered a vegetarian lasagne, as I was not up for a big meal. Just as it was served, the waiter reclaimed it, saying that I had been given a meat lasagne in error, and they were most apologetic. This did not worry me but then the manager called over, apologised and said that I would not be charged for my meal when it came, which it did a few minutes later and was excellent. The gratuitous meal was not expected by me but was I think outstanding commitment to quality customer service.

My companion had angel hair pasta with balmain bugs and she pronounced it excellent.

What a great restaurant!

• Visited August 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Great Italian Food”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

We had a great dinner here a couple of weeks ago. Very good service and great traditional Italian food. Also plenty of vegetarian. We were staying in Palm Cove and had eaten in plenty of their restaurants. This is also also a bit cheaper than Palm Cove so if you have a car this place is worth a visit.

• Visited July 2014