My husband and I, along with our two best friends, had the pleasure of staying at On the Beach Holiday Apartments this August, 2009. The four of us have always stayed in hotel rooms before, but decided to try an apartment for our trip to an Australian beach area. We did our research (part of it through Trip Advisor) and thought this was a good fit for us. We were so right. The two bedroom apartment was on the beach, close to several restaurants, within walking distance to a grocery store, a bakery, and a chemist (pharmacy). The apartment gave us a feel that we were coming home compared to a hotel room. We ate out several times, but as a cost savings, we also cooked in the apartment. We were able to watch the sun rise each morning while sitting on our balcony and enjoying coffee we made. We were completely satisfied with the experience and Melissa, the manager, and her daughter Jennifer, were wonderful! Melissa responded to a slight problem with the apartment (the dryer door needed repair) with immediate action. Melissa also helped us with our tour selections and gave us the time we needed to make our choices. I would recommend On the Beach to anyone looking for a relaxing stay close to the beach and would like to have a staff that will assist you in your tour planning. One exceptional tour I must mention is the Seastar which is a tour to the Great Barrier Reef, both the inner reef at Michaelmas Cay and outer Hastings Reef. The Seastar offers snorkeling, diving, an introductory dive for those who would like to try it, as well as a glass bottom boat ride. This is a great value for your money and it is an excellent experience. Two of us went diving, one tried the intro dive, and one snorkeled and all of us were thrilled with the experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly opposite the patrolled swimming area of beautiful Trinity Beach and within a two minute walk to local shops and restaurants. On The Beach Holiday Apartments offers 35 self-contained apartments. We have 1, 2 or 3 bedroom apartments each with its own private ocean facing balcony to capture the cool sea breezes and wonder at the amazing sunrise. Apartment types include Beachfront and 2 bedroom Ocean View - something for everyone. Stay for a night (one bedroom), a week or a month. WELCOME TO TRINTY BEACH, CAIRNS FAVOURITE BEACH. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your On the Beach Holiday Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- On The Beach Holiday Apartments Hotel Trinity Beach
- On The Beach Holiday Apartments Trinity Beach, Cairns Region