I stayed at Amaroo for 2 weeks in March, whilst visiting Australia for the first time.
After a long flight,it was great that the competent and friendly Natasha was fully conversant with my requirements and very sensitive to my spaced out state (having travelled for about 40 hrs "real time!") and to receive such a warm welcome, which, I believe, characterises Amaroo.
I had asked for a sofa-bed in my room to accommodate the girls, if they wanted to stay overnight with me, instead of being in their camper-van. This was provided, without hassle, or charge, which is quite significant because my somewhat "untimely" visit coincided with cyclone Hadi. Therefore, the girls stayed in my little appt quite a lot.
During my stay we all wanted to maximize what North Queensland has to offer and,I would have to say, that despite my huge amount of research,Murray's input into our agenda was fantastic
It is so refreshing to discover an intelligent and informed person, on site, who is not "on the make!"
We did, indeed, do his recommended trip to the GBR but all the others including N of C Trib we did alone with his advice.
OK there are a couple of things that I understand, perspective wise, that previous reviewers say, although I found everything to do with cleaning 1st class. The thing is that this is N Q'land and not really for intrepid travellers.
The view from my (quite stylish) appt was superb and the facilities within it and outside eg. hot tub, lovely , cool ,little pool, BBQ area and laundry areas were fab.
What I found at Amaroo was caring people who responded to my needs and did everything they could to make my visit with them a good one. The insect thing is ridiculous - You will always find dead ones in an appropriately cleaned and cared- for property and this is a review a property and not facilities nearby, which, I actually also thought were great.
Good Luck Murray on all that you are doing - there are fair people in England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Trinity Beach, star of the Cairns Northern Beaches in the heart of Tropical North Queensland, is located just a short drive north of Cairns city. With its relaxed village-like atmosphere it is one of the most popular beaches in the North, with good reason. Amaroo at Trinity enjoys a peaceful elevated beachfront position offering stunning views over the Pacific Ocean to the accompaniment of the soothing sounds of waves breaking on the shore. A very special tropical beach getaway! As part of your Amaroo at Trinity Holiday you receive : •Truly sensational views•Walking distance to everything in beautiful Trinity Beach (voted Cairns' best beach by locals)•Well-equipped modern studio or suite overlooking the ocean or the rainforest clad mountains•A chance to re-kindle romance in a studio, or spoil the family in a suite•Our expert local knowledge for all your tour bookings for a truly memorable holiday experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Amaroo at Trinity reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amaroo At Trinity Hotel Trinity Beach
- Amaroo At Trinity Trinity Beach, Cairns Region