We have stayed at the Coral Sands many times over the past 10 years. This past November we had 6 wonderful days. The grounds are superb and the pool is one of the best in the area. Location by the beach is excellent. The rooms are spacious, extremely well equipped and usually very well- maintained. However, despite having stayed so many times there was not even a "welcome back" let alone a warm greeting. And watch out for the unjustifiable extra charges. First, the wifi charge is atrocious - $16.50 per day or $60 per week. We were in AUS for over 3 weeks this trip and this was the only place where there was a charge for wifi. Second, all the units are 2 bedrooms and we usually book a one-bedroom and use the extra room to store luggage and clothes. This year they have put locks on the second bedroom if you book a single. And they charge an extra $40 per day to unlock it. Third, we asked for a late checkout on our final day (never having had a problem before). But this time they wanted an extra $10 per hour (even though it would cost them nothing to clean the room 4 hours later, the hotel was far from full). This was the only hotel during our trip that charged for a late check out. Finally, don't ask the desk to call a cab for you. Do it yourself. Otherwise you'll be charged a large markup, especially for transport to the airport. Would we stay again? Probably, but we are going to look around very carefully first.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coral Sands Beachfront Resort is perfectly located right on the Esplanade facing the beach and only 15 minutes north of Cairnsl Airport. Set on 2 acres of tropical gardens, the resort features a large lagoon style swimming pool, BBQ areas, tour desk and a beachfront licensed restaurant, which is open for lunch & dinner. Stylishly decorated fully air conditioned 1, 2 and 3 bedroom fully air-conditioned, self-contained beach front apartments featuring modern kitchens with microwave, dishwasher, ceiling fans, full size fridge, oven, stove, ensuite bathrooms, full laundry, flat screen TV’s in lounge and master bedroom, Cable TV, Ipod, DVD, in room safe. With spacious open plan living areas, floor to ceiling glass sliding doors opening onto a private balcony all boasting views of the extensive tropical gardens, lagoon style swimming pool and many with stunning ocean vistas. Free WIFI is available through-out the Resort, conditions do apply. “500 megabytes per day for two devices ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Coral Sands Beachfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coral Sands Beachfront Hotel Trinity Beach
- Coral Sands Beachfront Resort Trinity Beach, Cairns Region