Stayed at Coral Sands for one week.
Our room was good, but a few improvements could be made.
Positives: Kitchen and laundry were full of (mostly) modern appliances, both bathrooms and bedrooms were nice, great balcony overlooking the pool with a view of the beach, living area comfortable with nice big TV. We had two cars and management were nice enough to allow us to park both of them in the underground parking area.
Negatives: The biggest negative was the air conditioners in our bedrooms. Both air conditioners, particularly the one in the second bedroom, had a habit of making various buzzing/chugging/grinding noises in the middle of the night, making it difficult to get a good night's sleep. They would be fine one minute, and terribly noisy the next. Air conditioner in the living area was fine. Other negatives for our apartment include a broken shelf in the pantry, broken locks in the second bathroom, and a few vital implements missing in the kitchen (such as a carving knife and potato peeler). We also had a problem with our clothes dryer, but management sent an electrician over to repair it after we informed them, so they score points there. Overall, our room was good, but could be great if a few little improvements are made.
The resort itself is very nice. Very green, a nice ornamental rock pool with bridge, tropical plants. Nice BBQ area, although difficult to use at night as the spotlight was broken. I saw them attempt to repair the light but it was still broken that night, so it could be an ongoing problem. Pool is very nice: shallow at the edges and about 1.5m in the middle, so good for kids and adults. The pool was a little smaller than we expected (the photos on their website make it look a bit bigger than it really is), but still very nice and big enough for lots of people to use at once. Resort located on the beach, and several shops and restaurants are within walking distance. WiFi is available in the apartments, but is quite expensive (I believe it was about $5 an hour, although a whole week's worth can be bought for $60).
Overall, a really nice place to stay. A few things can be improved upon, but we had a great holiday, and as we are locals we could stay there again the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coral Sands Beachfront Resort is perfectly located right on the Esplanade facing the beach and only 15 minutes north of Cairnsl Airport. Set on 2 acres of tropical gardens, the resort features a large lagoon style swimming pool, BBQ areas, tour desk and a beachfront licensed restaurant, which is open for lunch & dinner. Stylishly decorated fully air conditioned 1, 2 and 3 bedroom fully air-conditioned, self-contained beach front apartments featuring modern kitchens with microwave, dishwasher, ceiling fans, full size fridge, oven, stove, ensuite bathrooms, full laundry, flat screen TV’s in lounge and master bedroom, Cable TV, Ipod, DVD, in room safe. With spacious open plan living areas, floor to ceiling glass sliding doors opening onto a private balcony all boasting views of the extensive tropical gardens, lagoon style swimming pool and many with stunning ocean vistas. Free WIFI is available through-out the Resort, conditions do apply. “500 megabytes per day for two devices ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Coral Sands Beachfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coral Sands Beachfront Hotel Trinity Beach
- Coral Sands Beachfront Resort Trinity Beach, Cairns Region