“Verrrry grumpy”

Chiantti's Pizzeria
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Situated on the Esplanade of Trinity Beach & boasting awe inspiring tropical views, Café Chianttis is an impressive lunch, dinner, coffee and cocktail destination. Enjoy exceptional Italian cuisine, fabulous wine and a view to "dine for!" of the Coral Sea at our waterfront restaurant. Chiantti's prides itself in traditional, home style Italian food and provides a warm family atmosphere. Chiantti's caters for everyone including the kids and larger groups. Vegetarian and gluten free options are also available.
Darwin, Australia
“Verrrry grumpy”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The cook was arguing with the manager. The waitress ignored my wife. My query whether there was a problem with me paying by credit card (!) was met with a terse reply. I won't bother going again.

• Visited July 2013

Coolangatta, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Stingy”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I don't normally write bad reviews or ever had to go back in to a place to complain about the portion size. I sat in the car umming and arrhing as to say something but I was so shocked by the measly portion size I felt I had too. I have to say we got more from a tapas menu right on the marina in Port Douglas then we did from these guys and way friendlier service. I am sure they counted the chips as they served them to make sure you they didn't give you too many! I mean chips - the saying goes cheap as chips but they certainly weren't here!

I was told by one staff member it was more then I would get at Macdonalds! I don't eat at Macdonalds but I am wondering if I would have been better off going there. I was also told they weren't a fish and chip shop - in which case I think they should not offer takeaway fish and chips with measly portions and stick to what they obviously prefer to do. We should have realised when our order was taken in an abrupt manner and over charged we should have cut or losses and cancelled the order! Live and learn the next night we decided to be less stingy on ourselves ate out, had cocktails and couldn't have had a better experience at the amazing restaurant down the road.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Chontybonty
“Great food”
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a great meal here, book a table if you can as it gets busy. Great choice of pasta and pizzas. Overlooks beach

Visited October 2013
Gold Coast, Australia
“Great food and view”
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Great tasting food, large portions and sensational views. One of the waitress' was quite abrupt and unfriendly but the other staff were thankfully ok. Would recommend, just need to ignore manner of waitress.

Visited September 2013
Hobart, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rude owner, rude waitress, Devon meat served on the Chiantti Supreme pizza”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I wish I had actually taken the time to read the other views before going here, it was awful, we waited 40 mins for takeaway pizza with our children, we were not offered drinks whilst waiting at the tiny waiting area, we ordered garlic bread, pasta and a pizza - not difficult but they forgot our pizza and we heard them talking about it but no one came to apologise or explain - the pizza was absolutely disgusting - the chiantti supreme had Devon meat on it, it was cheap and nasty and hardly cooked and we definitely could not eat it! the pasta was greasy and the garlic bread was bread soaked in butter and burnt! i could cook a better dish at home myself. The owner was downright rude to us and the waitress looked unkempt and was sour faced. Also while we were waiting for 40 mins some tables were not even served - something is very wrong with the way the restaurant is set up!! i I will never ever recommend this place to anyone and i will be making sure i tell everyone of our experience there as it has been in my entire lifetime one of the rudest places i have been. not authentic, not friendly and food is cheap and nasty. Go somewhere where you get treated with respect and a decent healthy meal worth your money. The rest of the other places in trinity beach were fantastic and the lady in the corner shop just down the road really knows how to treat a customer - go there instead for a great little chat!

• Visited September 2013