“Nice Food, Nice Atmosphere, Bit Expensive.”

Lime Tree Trinity Beach
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fresh. Relaxed. Local Breakfast & Dinner Only Tapas available from $8 Early Week Specials Monday Tuesday $35 & $45
Cairns, Australia
“Nice Food, Nice Atmosphere, Bit Expensive.”
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Just visited Lime Tree with my husband for dinner. The contemporary open space restaurant was very welcoming. We both ordered the steak which was nice but not outstanding. The dessert was good. I ordered a lemon tart with mango mousse & passion fruit ice cream. Lemon tart taste lovely but I wish it was cold. My husband ordered creme burrule and it was nice. The price was rather expensive. We had a voucher so it wasn't too bad but I think the price setting is a tourist price. Overall I enjoy there. If I go again... maybe not definitely.

Cairns, Australia
“Delicious and unpretentious food in a relaxed setting”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I've been to Lime Tree for both lunch and dinner and both times the service was excellent. The restaurant is open and airy and although close to Trinity Beach Road, doesn't look right onto the traffic. At night time there's lots of little lights and it feels relaxed and tropical. It attracts a good mix of locals and visitors, both couples and groups and you can just pop in for a coffee or wine and relax on the day bed/couches on the veranda. Even when busy it's not too long a wait and the staff are friendly and efficient.

My friend and I had the gnocchi for lunch after a busy morning - we tried both the one of the menu and a daily special version. So tasty but beware, its very filling!

For dinner they let you choose off the lunch menu if you fancy something lighter, which I did - the lamb salad! I'd have to say that it was truly one of the tastiest healthy salads I've ever had (the ceasar at L'Unicos is fab but certainly doesn't fill the 'healthy' category). The lamb was juicy and the salad didn't need a dressing because taste and texture were added with radish, baby tomatoes and quinoa! My partner had the goat curry- one of the specials, which was well presented and tasted good although it could have been more spicy (more like a ragu than curry) but we'll remember to ask next time.

Balancing the healthy main I decided on one of the most decadent desserts ever - the creme brulee with shortbread - so so good (it was like cake batter)!

• Visited October 2012
Cairns
“Great service, great food”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Love it all! Went there for lunch with husband and grandson [14] and enjoyed an innovative and quite exciting menu, served professionally with a great deal of care and love for food. I was particularly pleased that the waiter treated my grandson as an adult. I had oysters [Coffin Bay], the best gnocchi I have eaten in Cairns [it tasted and looked like spring] and the oh so orgasmic chocolate brownie. Fabulous. I will return

Visited September 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“Superb”
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

We returned to the Lime Tree after a superb lunch in May 2012. We were not let down, the service by the owner was perfect, the meals excellent. This really is the best place enjoy a meal in trinity beach without a doubt. Top notch service and creative fresh food. Highly recommended.

1 Thank wisey29226
Melbourne, Australia
“Tropical fine dining.”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Lime tree's owners have put lots of work into this lovely restaurant in a beautiful garden setting. Food was very good, but just fell short of truly excellent. However it's well worth a visit.

Visited September 2012