“Try the Crocodile Popcorn!”
Review of Blue Moon Grill

Blue Moon Grill
Cuisines: Seafood, Fusion, International, Australian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Blue Moon Grill is the most awarded restaurant in Trinity Beach. It Offers a vast array of seafood, steak, Curries, Asian, Australian, Indonesian and much more. We have home made desserts and over 95 domestic and international beers
Melbourne, Australia
“Try the Crocodile Popcorn!”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

The huge menu was overwhelming but our group of 8 all tried the crocodile popcorn for entree...delicious! We had the barramundi with prawns and hollandaise plus the calamari for main which was also very tasty. Great selection of drinks, recommend the Coconut Cocktail (new to the menu) or Long Island Ice Tea but don't have the Mai Tai (falls way short of the Hawaiian classic). We all had a fantastic night and the staff were very attentive and lovely.

Visited April 2014

Drysdale
“Big menu, but good food”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

A big menu can sometimes be a tall order for a kitchen - it has to spread itself across a lot of dishes, rather than doing fewer dishes well. The Blue Moon Grill, however, seemed to do everything on its very large menu well. Braised lamb kidneys followed by kangaroo fillet - each cooked to perfection - is my idea of a good dinner; and there's no reason to think that any other dish isn't as good. The service was 'restrained', shall we say, but that was OK. There is an equally impressive beer menu, but it's overpriced; I baulked at paying more than twice the retail price for a bottle of my favourite. The restaurant has a good reputation locally, and it was almost full when we went there, so we were right to book, even though this wasn't the area's high season. If you get a chance, talk to the friendly owner - especially about his taste in music.

• Visited April 2014
Brisbane
“Glad we went”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We had heard mixed reviews about this place but boy glad we went. We had booked which I think is probably wise, and had a sumptuous entree platter to share, followed by a " best ever fish dish" for my wife, and I tried the reef and beef. You know not many places get your steak spot on when you ask for medium rare, no such issue here....and the entire meal was what it's supposed to be each time - a gastronomic experience, well worth the money and service second to none. Keep it a bit on the low down, if the word gets out we could lose this gem...

• Visited April 2014
Geelong, Australia
“Tasty food, good service”
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Was staying for the week in a nearby apartment and the room had a copy of the menu. So many tempting things to try! I only had time to stop on the second last day for breakfast, but I'm so glad I did!

I was met with a friendly waitress who quickly seated me. From the outside the place looks like a big, cavernous room that would be filled with lots of noisy tables, but there's only a couple inside and the rest are all out on the deck. It rained while I was, but the tables are well covered. The tables are big and chairs are comfy.

I had the banana and custard waffles and they were omg good! The waffle mix was like banana muffins, with banana and cinnamon through it, and then a nice pile of banana pieces, generous drizzle or custard, a scoop of ice cream and piles of cream. Delicious!

I had a couple of further check ins from the waitresses that felt like they were genuinely interested that I was happy and not just trying to move me along. Highly recommended.

Chipstead, United Kingdom
“Great varied Menu”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Great little restaurant with a mouthwatering menu, located a few hundred yards back from the beach, but always seemed busy. Lots of unusual dishes, the Thai beef stack was excellent. Good service from very friendly staff.

Visited March 2014