“Adventurous and successful”
Review of Blue Moon Grill

Blue Moon Grill
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Blue Moon Grill is the most awarded restaurant in Trinity Beach. It Offers a vast array of seafood, steak, Curries, Asian, Australian, Indonesian and much more. We have home made desserts and over 95 domestic and international beers
Reviewed July 30, 2011

I admit I had viewed this restaurant with some skeptism when I read the menu because it had a very large selection of what I would describe as fairly eccentric or unusual dishes. I would have expected these dishes to be regarded as specialties in most restaurants, but the menu appeared full to the brim of these and this seemed too ambitious for a small restaurant. Consequently my not so high expectation were completely blown away when I thought the food were actually excellent. I chose a dish that I thought was quite risky and very unusual (Pasta with kangaroo loins and chorizo) but I was wowed. There were numerous dishes that are very rare to come across in Australia so this restaurant, in my opinion, is a true-blue aussie restaurant and every international visitor should try dining here.

It was so good my family came back the second time and the large menu ensured we all were able to try something so different and still be impressed. I generally dislike going back to the same restaurant once a brilliant night is had because it is hard for the same level of expectation to be met, but this restaurant is one of the few where I would recommend going back for, especially to try a new dish. I would recommend going for dishes you'd never try elsewhere because they did impress.

The service was lovely and very welcoming (loved the personalised notes) and this restaurant is rated as excellent because the chef and owners have taken on a very ambitious menu and to pull it off with a family of 6 and pleasing every one of us was exceptional.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,005)

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Innovative menu with a huge range of choice. After a full day on the reef we were tired and opted for only one course. Decisions were difficult and there was so much to choose from. My meal was a calamari salad. The calamari was lightly pan fried in Chinese five spice and in a salad of watermelon and feta cheese, an amazing taste combination. My partner ordered the Egyptian Honeyed Prawns, I wasn't allowed to taste them as they were too precious (although serves were large), but I was allowed to taste the accompanying cous cous which was laced with Moroccan Spices and honey, something I will endeavour to replicate at home. Serve were very generous with my partner needing only an entree serve of prawns to feel content. We had no room left to try the legendary Bannana Spring Rolls.
The beer list was most impressive. Any restaurant that includes Tsing Tao on their beer list has got my vote.
Would certainly recommend

1  Thank Natasha09
Reviewed July 26, 2011

We dined at BMG with our two daughters aged 14 and 11 and had a truly wonderful meal. It was the last night of our holiday so we wanted to go home on a high and BMG delivered. Every dish we ordered was delicious including the trio of bruschetta, barramundi spring rolls, seafood pasta and mushroom risotto. The kids meals were great, they both polished off the lot in record time. Chocolate mudcake was awesome. It was the most we spent on a meal during our holiday but definitely worth it. Staff are something special, knowledgeable, friendly, warm and welcoming. Thanks for making the effort, it was truly appreciated.

Reviewed July 20, 2011

Magnificent menu, superb food, warm and good humoured service, lovely location. The dining highlight of my trip. Loved my Thai beef stack. Sooooo tender and flavoursome.

Reviewed July 13, 2011

We spent 2 wonderful nights at the Blue Moon Grill. Everything was perfect on both nights; the staff are really friendly & helpful - Angel even remembered us from last year! The whole menu sounds delicious & everything we ordered was extraordinarily good. We also ordered 3 seafood platters to be delivered after a big day out & they were truly amazing value, packed with delicious fresh seafood; more than 6 of us could eat at one sitting. It was a perfect end to a great day.