We stayed at Raffles during February 2007, had an apartment on the 4th floor with sea views as requested.
These apartments are well situated, close to the supermarket ,
cafes & beach. I appreciate they are a few years old now & therefore starting to show signs of wear & tear. Our unit wasn't the cleanist & there was rubbish behind a large indoor pot plant.
The lift was out of service twice during our stay & we spent a long time waiting , only to walk down to the basement to discover it was under repair - would have been helpful if management had put signs on each level.
Waterblasting maintenance was carried out for 3 days of our stay
creating alot of noise & mess, it was so annoying we had to leave for hours at a time. Once again no indication this was to happen was posted anywhere.
Construction has just started on a new apartment block just to the north of Raffles & the crane noise is very frustrating when relaxing by the pool, although it couldn't be heard in our unit but suspect it will be once the crane gets higher.
It has a good pool but not particualry large.
Management were not overly friendly & certainly not helpful when we wanted to find a local number, so whilst Mooloolaba is a fabulous holiday destination, we certainly won't be staying at Raffles on our next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- RAFFLES MOOLOOLABA,a 4 star intimate Mooloolaba resort, is just a short stroll to all that idyllic Mooloolaba has to offer.Raffles Mooloolaba comprises 30 modern and inviting fully self contained spacious and comfortable one or two bedroom Sunshine Coast holiday accommodation apartments. Every holiday apartment offers a double corner spa bath ensuite to the master bedroom for that extra bit of relaxation and rejuvenation after a day of absorbing the attractions of Mooloolaba..Choose from a ground floor apartment with its own private and secure courtyard, a deluxe apartment with either garden or partial ocean views, ocean view apartment or an ocean view rooftop apartment with its own private rooftop with BBQ and outdoor furniture setting.(List features)Relax in private on your own east to north facing balcony or enjoy our resort facilities - heated pool, spa, BBQ entertainment area, lift, free parking and tour desk.Walk across the street to the supermarket, 80m to the closest restaurant, 200m to the local bus stop, 150m to the nearest beach, 500m to the Surf Club and Underwater World, or take a 5 minute drive to the coast's largest shopping and movie complex or a 30 minute drive to Australia Zoo.RAFFLES MOOLOOLABA is the ideal base for your Mooloolaba accommodation and Sunshine Coast adventure ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Raffles Mooloolaba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Raffles Mooloolaba Hotel Mooloolaba
- Raffles Hotel Mooloolaba
- Raffles Mooloolaba Sunshine Coast